Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
I know barry keeps his long hair stuffed up under his cap and peter gets his permed but any ladies dealing with the problem of how to treat long hair? I can no longer get at the back with my hands to tie it up or plait an besides it is uncomfortable leaning head with pony tail back against headrest all day.

So do we all have to go short haircut? any brilliant ideas? Should we shave off, get tattos, put violent stickers on our wheelchairs and be known as the als angels in response to Hells angels? I cannot shout very loud now but I am very very good at swearing. Any other combative gifts out there to go with our fighting force. Have been known to break down a hard man by blue eyes manouever. Bet Rose's bosom heaving would help and Ann could talk them into not knowing whether they were on their head or their heels. Linda would work her little girl lost routine and I am sure there are other ways we could get them onside and send them out to do the actual wounding and killing.

Oh, the sweetness of revenge!
TO KILL him who took away its freedom
Would give pleasure to a nightingale,
Euphoria to an imprisoned dog.

But they need help to support them,
Wickedness beyond their power to become quits.
Let us, who can, target the cruel and the strong
Who use their influence to harm;

Go, taz! Take off, PZ!
Let's change the world to one which listens,
which would recoil if fish could scream.
Go, friends, go. REVENGE////////////////

aND REMEMBER mOSCOW§§§§§§§§§§§

SORRY? THIS WAS MZANT TO be down in the story section. Please Al cam you mov eit? Thank you

From one screaming fish to another, "Well Done"

Here are first few lines of a song called "Signs" by the Canadian band Five Man Electrical Band from 1970

And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat I said imagine that, huh, me working for you

I know that this doesn't answer your hair question but it just jumped into my head when you mentioned my tucking my hair into my hat.

Iris Marie, you and Barry are our Poets In Residence.

Regarding hair... I lean forward and slide on my trusty headband and just let it grow. It was trimmed last fall in long layers, and now the shortest is near my shoulders. If I tilt my chair way back and use one of those butterfly or cricket clips (long "fingers" curl around and meet) I can get it out of my way. I lean forward, head on knees, pull my hair together and twist it up for washing my face. The days for doing that are ending, but I'll get a caregiver to twist it for me when I can't. I don't brush, comb or blow it dry. Humidity is my friend and makes it curl.

Regarding "talking until they don't know...", it ain't so. I'm normally really quiet. My best revenge for the disease is to be happy. Maybe here is where that inner angst comes out that I'm happily unaware of... or stupidly unaware... or something. I have plot ideas for you, sweet pea. Meet you at the Folly.

thank you for the hair ideas, Ann. and I am bearing in mind the twists and turns your remarkable mind takes when you ruin a good plot;-)))

Which plot? Would it by chance be your "revenge" plot? Just let me know and I'll try to make some revenge for you.:shock:

I too feel that long hair is lower maintenance than short. Unfortunately for me, my last highlight job (done almost a year ago now) totally fried what was bleached. As in it made my hair crispy. So a couple of months ago, I cut every last crispy critter up to where my hair was ok, so LOTS of too short layers. It brings back memories of being a pre-teen, and praying to God every night that he would make my hair grow faster LOL.

Ann, humidity is not my friend, but as you live near to the ocean, that's a good thing for you. My hair is not straight, and it won't hold curl. I always planned to grow old and wear it up in a twist, or a bun like Katherine Hepburn in On Golden Pond. I may not get to grow super duper old, but I still am ok with "the look".

Yes, indeed, I'd take Katherine Hepburn's cheekbones as well as her hair. I fought "wavy hair" for all of my teen years, ironing it on an ironing board, Diane. Then blowdrying with a round brush, as you do. Well. My current but way too talkative hairdresser, who is a hippie in bleached cornrows (and you thought the shore was conservative, right?) whom I love, talked me into layers and using "products" (glue, I swear). It didn't do well all winter that year due to dry air, but when spring came and humidity, I was a changed woman.

Although I (groan) let go of all artificial hair color while waiting for a diagnosis (now, can you imagine admitting you're a paraplegic due to hair dye?) I will say my hair, it turns out is nearly black (in the sun all those years, I never knew), and one "highlight" job made it very white-blond. It was mid back length and took forever to grow out. Shampooing it broke the hair. I had crispy, also...

But guess what! Since I was about twenty three, Phil has repeatedly told me he LOVES gray hair, and has always wanted my hair long and gray. Isn't that weird? So, I guess he won't be cutting it for me. Sort of like my toenails.... which "never need it".

Ann,
You two sound like just the cutest couple!

Now that I've entered the financially challenged world of the non-working, I color my hair myself, all one color (but I mix two shades) Revlon Colorsilk. And I still have highlights! Its really light on top in the front, so I'm assuming that would be a gray streak if I let it. ~ Don saves trimming his own toenails for layovers, don't know why, its just something he does. Thankfully he gets me somewhat regular pedicures :)

I remember when I was forty and my hair was long and starting to grey a little here and there; my daughters told me that "only witches have long grey hair, Mum."
People worry about adults making comments that will scar a child's life but no-one thinks about us poor mothers! Ruined my hair life ever since

We love you, IrisMarie. Children (as a previous child, I am an expert) can be cruel especially to their mothers. (Happy Mother's Day, incidentally) Oh, you're not under their thumb anymore, and now you can do what you want. Get yourself a flat top or let it gooooo.

When I was a teen, I was my mother's daily hairdresser~ she had a French twist. When I left for college, she wailed, "I'm going to have to change my hairstyle now!" I should get Phil on here to tell you how good long, gray hair looks, because he's so convincing.

Oh, another short story: A friend's daughters used to mock how we all parted our hair (long hair) in the middle back in the 70s. Now both girls are grown and both part their hair in the center. Teens should often be ignored... their opinions nearly always change, and their poor parents are scarred for no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back