Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
West Orange
I haven't posted in quite some time, my husband was given a diagnosis of ALS after many months. He definitely has a slow progression, right now he is does not want to go to any more drs, which is frustrating, but I can understand. For the past 3 months he has been having double vision on and off, just like his slurred speech it is not consistant. I wanted to know if anyone else had any experience with double vision, I know that they say ALS usually spares the eyes. He was tested for Myasthenia Gravis and was told it was negative. Any input would be appreciate. Thank you

Hi Pammy-

I am very sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. I seem to recall the late, great BethU posting something about double vision and about ALS affecting her eyesight, although this is not supposed to be a symptom of the disease. perhaps you can use the search button to find these posts?

Good luck-

Sandra

Hi Just wondering did your hubby have the single fiber emg done that detects mg which can cause double vision ,larry neuro said the blood test isn't always accurate for mg but the single fiber emg is.hope this helps
Sharon

Hi,I have bulbar onset. I have had trouble with double vision and twitching around my eyes. I know dr say not from ALS.... I am not convinced .... I believe it is...and mine is off and on....Linda

Thank you all for your responses, he has not had a single fiber emg, I am hoping to convince him to see a neurologist. He like many went through alot to get a diagnosis, although he still does not beleive it. His first symptom that he noticed was double frozen shoulder which seemed to throw a hitch into it. Maybe if this double vision gets worse he will see there is a real need to go see someone. I keep hoping it is Myasthenia Gravis, maybe they are wrong.

Does anyone know if a single fiber emg can differentiate between myasthenia gravis and ALS

Our lovely BethU did indeed struggle with horrible double vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back