Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
ma.
City
halifax
has anyone taken this it is a vitamin b ... my son has taken it a few weeks now and he actually likes it .. he say he has more strength now and can flex his muscles in his forearm he has not be able to do that lately ....please read up on Methylcobalamin this and a liquid vitamin d is all he takes . he has caught him self actually running Thur the house to get to another room where as he's just been walking lately .. even if it only helps temporary it has helped him ...

Wow, that is fantastic!I am so so so glad and hope it continues.
Meant to say that here in France vitamin E is the standard treatment
But bravo your son. All smiles here..........Thank you for telling us and I shall be interested to hear if others have tried it

TD . Does he take the kind that dissolves under the tongue, also 1mg or 5 mg? HUGS Lori

i had to go to site where i ordered it ... it is 1,000 mg ... looks like it is in pill form but i order from a hypo-allegiant place . only doctors are suppose to be able to get it there i think they are member's .. that was a few years ago they may have changed thier policies

and by the way how are you doing

Not trying to argue... but 1000 mg doesn't seem like the correct dose for methylcobalamin.
The older Japanese study listed an "ultra-high-dose" as 25 mg.

Perhaps you mean micrograms (um)?

I have been taking it for a while now, dont know if it has any benifit or not but the cost is low so I am continuing with it.

I take the desolve under the tougue ones 5,000 mcg a pill and take about 2 or 3 a day.

cheers
Peter

Big Daddy took shots daily for several years. He always said he felt better and had more energy after he had taken it.

Brian - don't see it as arguing just what you know about it , which is what i want to know , i will go back and re-look
peter57 - thanks for your imput
hopeful-warrior - thats what billy says

bottle says 1000 mg

most bottles on other sites are 1 or 5 to 5,000 mcg ... i dont know the difference or how much mcg will = an mg ... just checked it out
Basically, 1 mg (or milligram) is equal to 1000 mcg (or micrograms). So, for example, 3 mg = 3000 mcg o.k. i am not good at math what does this amount mean
Six micrograms. To give that a little perspective, most B12 shots given are 1,000 micrograms (mcg). But now they have come out with 10 milligram shots, which equals 10,000 mcg. Methyl-B12, methylcobalamin shots are more powerful and flood the tissues with this very penetrating form of B12. It goes through ‘the blood-brain-barrier’, the choroid plexus, into the cerebrospinal fluid without having to be processed in the liver. Liver processing can be a problem in cases of a damaged liver, or alcoholism, or zinc deficiency, or copper excess. All these prevent B12 conversion to methyl-B12. By taking it as methylcobalamin (methyl-B12), it goes straight to the brain and you’ve got it.

You will normally see the dose in micrograms on the bottle.

I am taking 1000 mcg (or 1 mg) and I shipped my brother the 5000 mcg version but told him to take 3x the dose since he has ALS (total of 15 mg a day)

I am taking the 1 mg simply as precaution. I have both neuro problems (twitching) and muscular (weakness and soreness) but I am not diagnosed with ALS (at least yet).

If you want to take what they used for that study that has positive results then you want to take between 20-60 mg a day (20,000 to 60,000 mcg) if you have ALS.

I figure it can't hurt but there has only been the one study (that I know of) and if it truly did give promising results you would think someone would have done more.

But as someone said, even if it's psychological what can it hurt :)

thank you i did not know they did this as a study

For Irismarie,

In Canada in the 1950's vitamin E was given for neuromuscular diseases but the studies since then say that it was actually useless. So I wouldn't be wasting any money on buying it. As well, there are recent studies that say large amounts of Vitamin E are not good for cardiac health.

ND

i have always known e was for the skin never heard of it for anything else ... interesting they thought it would help neuromuscular diseases ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back