Country
oz
State
oz
City
RURAL
BEWARE of a scam artist that is preying on PALS & CALS :twisted:

His name is MARTY MURRAY or MARTIN MURRAY and his number is (914)316-1288

Michele Dupree: How many people have been contacted by the scammer,- "Marty Murray"...healer of ALS?... A disease he believes you have created in your own mind. He calls me every time I post an event on the web. Can't wait 'til he goes to hell!

914-316-1288 / 9143161288... [SCAM SLUG'S phone number]

He has been preying on PALS and CALS for a couple of years so be aware. This is what Stu suggests for you to do if he phones you or your caregivers.

Stu Millheiser; I've been getting disturbing messages about some guy calling ALS victims to sell them "the cure". One went so far as telling me had he not been warned, he just might have fallen for it. Please let me know if anyone has been solicited or worse, ripped off by this guy or anyone else. 949-233-3045 [Stu's number]

Stu Millheiser; HOW TO TAKE DOWN A SCAM ARTIST. If you REALLY want to nail one of these sociopaths, we can do it together.
1. If you are contacted, feign naivety and sincere interest.
2. Get every possible bit of information you can. A website, partners, address, details of the cure, etc. Write it all down if you can.
3. Call me and we'll set up a face to face meeting... just you and him. If he needs a "down payment", I'll send you a check.
4. Once meeting is set, I'll fly out and either have you wired or plant a microphone. This is legal in most jurisdictions as long as it is face to face.
5. Have the meeting. I'll be out of sight. Get his "guarantee" and give him another one of my checks that has already been canceled if necessary.
6. After he leaves, I'll take the tape to the appropriate legal authority.
7. The rest will be up to the DA.

Has anyone on the forum been contacted by this lowlife?

Is the guy from New York? I had several calls from someone over a year ago. Could it be the same guy? He found our phone number thru a charity event. He said als is all in your head...perhaps triggered from stress. He left several messages over several weeks but no calls recently.

Yes, that's the guy. Same story here, he called after a newspaper story about a charity event. I wouldn't talk to him but had him email me info. It's just like you said, ALS is caused by stress, if we just relax we'll be cured.

I'm not sure if he's selling something or just misguided. A waste of time at best I think.

Hello, all-

you should report these calls to your state attorney general's office. if they call again, try to get more details that would enable the AG to track down this guy. maybe there is some legal action that could be taken.

Sandra

SandraD, he has been reported many times over the last couple of years but no one takes any action YET!

So... all you guys commenting here, KNOW what causes ALS? When you come up with what actually causes ALS, then you might have an argument with Mr. Murray. If you read closely, you might find this person has not asked for funds the way you suggest, and if you read closer, you might learn something you didn't know and haven't tried, and therefore might learn something. Prove me wrong.
How can you find a cure, if you cannot find a cause. Many people DO respond to state of mind, most do not, because our minds are in a box. I cannot discourage anyone who is at least doing more than all the scientific DOLLARS spent on research, in all these many years.

it really sickens me how there are those type of people out there robbing the people suffering from any illness.one day they will answer for it and that wont be a good outcome for them thanks for posting this and to you to stu for your advice

Small Voice - you bring up some valid points. But what I KNOW about Mr. Murray is that his approach was less than professional and the timing of his phone call was lousey! We were still in shock over my husband's diagnosis and still processing what this meant to our family. He obviously does his research on the internet and finds people to call at their homes....and then spends more time calling over and over. Because of his tactics I found him to be rude and certainly not credible. If Mr. Murray has some sound data or theory he should seek out more appropriate ways to really help those with ALS.

Small Voice, hmmm...your first post and you are defending a person that has been identified by the ALS community at large as a aggravating scam artist. Excuse me but this looks very suspicious. You have not defined yourself as a PALS or a CALS. Are you? Your FIRST post is quite argumentative. hmmmm We do not need to defend ourselves or our positions to you. We do not owe you that and if you are posting on this forum to stir up the mud or to advocate for this Murray scam artist you will have your forum privileges revoked.

If the above has is not true, please answer the questions. We always welcome PALS and CALS with open arms.

I can totally appreciate what I read as your frustration with the billions of dollars spent on research over the decades that has not given us one shred of hope. I also agree that there must be some cognitive/emotional involvement. Personally, I believe it is a DNA issue. I think that it may have something to do with the DNA that makes "nice people".

So, if you are truly a PALS or a CALS-answer my questions. If not?

Marty sent me an email yesterday referencing my comment in this thread, so he seems to have read it about the time Small Voice joined. What a coincidence.

I can smell BS a thousand miles away! Small Voice, are you by chance MARTY? WARNING-YOU do not want to aggravate me.

He hasnt been on since he posted. But we do need to be careful, as anyone can read messages on here. There is an ignore feature on the user cp, where you can limit what guests or others can see on your user page. Mine is blocked out to guests, but not registered members, though you can block all but friends. HUGS Lori

We will keep an eye on small voice won't we?

AL.

I be Small Voice will have a LOUD scream when the MOnkey's visit him and give him the Brazilian Wax job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back