Diagnosis
5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Snellville
How many bipapers here were shown how to make adjustments yourself? My Neuro wanted me to know how since als is a progressive disease. Its pointless to have multiple sleep studies, or in some cases a sleep study at all. For those who are interested. I know how to get into the respironics bipap to change the settings if anyone wants to know how.

We weren't shown. Have to have script sent to RT.

You must have some interesting connections Phil!

We weren't shown. Have to have script sent to RT.

You must have some interesting connections Phil!

Well, kinda, but our doc wrote on the order to show me how. All I did was ask him.

We were trained how to adjust the settings before we ever received our equipment. It is quite simple.

yes I want to know how please? Linda

I got all the manuals and have been shown how to make changes.

AL.

We were not shown how to make ajustments but my wife is on the lowest setting and seems to be doing fine. Our provider is very helpful and as been out many time with differant maskes and so forth and has assured us if we want it adjusted they would be out the very next day.

MIL just got hers last week and we weren't showed how. It would have been nice because the exhale was way too long. She wasn't able to us it. She tried with no success. The guy who delivered it was at the house yesterday and she told him. She said he changed it buy she didn't want to try it last night. She doesn't like masks, and she's afraid if she wants to get it off she won't beable to because of her hands. I told her we will work with it tonight and this weekend. I hope she does well. Josie

MIL just got hers last week and we weren't showed how. It would have been nice because the exhale was way too long. She wasn't able to us it. She tried with no success. The guy who delivered it was at the house yesterday and she told him. She said he changed it buy she didn't want to try it last night. She doesn't like masks, and she's afraid if she wants to get it off she won't beable to because of her hands. I told her we will work with it tonight and this weekend. I hope she does well. Josie

I don't know how to change the length. From what I can tell. It self adjust to match your breathing pattern.

Josie
Tell her to keep trying. No one was more reluctant to use her bipap than my wife. She was concerned too about not being able to get it off because she has zero use of her arms/hands. She started out using it for 20 minutes a day now it's the first thing she wants to put one when she gets home and she will waer it for hours. She can really tell a differance. She has not worked up to useing it at night yet.The first couple of weeks are the worse. If the mask is an issue ask for a another type. I think I read/heard somewhere there are 50 differant kinds. Serena uses a nose pillow kind. Just two plugs that go into her nose and sits on her upper lip. Very best wishes.

Jim

I hope you get it worked out. Liz never adapted to it. We tried over and over for months but she rarely went more than a couple of nights in a row with it. When she used it, she didn't sleep well. We tried in the day time also but that isolated her because the machine was so loud and drowned out all other sounds.

Dick

Are many experiencing extreme tiredness from pollen and sinus? Or is it ALS? I've started sleeping 2 hours a day. I never did that before. And I'm not intersted in going out, or am too tired to. Any input?

How many bipapers here were shown how to make adjustments yourself? My Neuro wanted me to know how since als is a progressive disease. Its pointless to have multiple sleep studies, or in some cases a sleep study at all. For those who are interested. I know how to get into the respironics bipap to change the settings if anyone wants to know how.

Well, my pulmo said no way. Now I'm 600 miles away from the people who prescribed it to me. Could you PM the instructions to me?

Perry

Well, my pulmo said no way. Now I'm 600 miles away from the people who prescribed it to me. Could you PM the instructions to me?

Perry

I do worry about folks with low fvc to be carefull lowering the settings, it might not be good in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back