Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Does anyone know if there are any adverse effects of sun on the PEG tube or the site of the tube?

My husband will be going with his buddies to a friends lake house and it may be warm enough to go shirtless. :shock: (yes he's an exhibitionist...) He was wondering if the sun might damage the tube in some way.

Also, I was thinking sun lotion might not be a good thing around the stoma, although I
doubt he would even use any.

I havent read anything that says it is a problem.

Sounds like it might be good for him...airing out the skin!

I agree with Laura, air exposure and sun might be just what he needs to get rid of his peg site problems. Just be careful it doesn't get snagged on anything! He's braver than me but then I don't go crawling in culverts either!

Thanks y'all! He's a real "never give up" kinda guy! I think this trip will be a lesson for some of his friends.

He could care less what anyone thinks of him as far as clothing or lack thereof ( because he is so good looking LOL)! ;)

Sorry to get off track from the original question!

CJ I think it's a great idea as long as he limits the time to about 15 minutes a day. In the old days when I worked in maternity we used to tell the ladies with episiotomies to spread 'em and put a heat lamp on the bed aimed at the spot. It really helped heal the area.
Laurel

Laurel-

Ohhh, I forgot about that; that's for the trip down memory lane!:lol:

CJ-

The expectant moms also had to get shaved; some of the older RNs really did a "thorough job"! I think this is where the idea of "Brazilian bikini wax" came from:shock:
If we had to apply the heat lamp, we were sure to watch the time- always told by the head nurse "Momma doesn't need a sunburn in addition to the episiotomy!"

Last edited:
Laurel and Mare, Ohhhh the warm memories of the HEAT LAMP on my naked bottom! You forgot to mention the ENEMA given before the total shave job! Oh, and the leather restraints on your arms and legs! I still find it hard to believe that I endured all of that a second time...third time was sooooo different [1970 to 1996 made a world of difference] lol

I am so regretting I peeked in on this, given the direction it has taken...:smile:

CJ~What do you think about sending some zinc oxide with him? It's just a thought.

Kay Marie-

Triple YIKES! Poor CJ; this is way more than what she was looking for!

CJ-

I bet your husband could have some fun exposing his PEG; put a wicked twist on some
"penis-envy" jokes!:twisted: (OK, now I'm sounding like Glen, and that is really :twisted:)

Yea, I agree with tomby.......

Dick and Tomby, me too! It takes a lot to get me to say that. but naked bottoms and leather restraints? :shock::shock:

Actually I've gotten quite an education from reading the responses, as I never went through childbirth! LOL I had mine the "easy" way!

mare - believe me there will be jokes! He's already setting the buddies up and is loaded with material. Now, hopefully they will be able to understand what the hell he's saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back