Diagnosis
05/2006
Country
US
State
Ms
City
Gulfport
I am about to change to another bed was wondering if anyone has some good ideas of what type, make, model, works best?
We currently have Queen size bed that moves into different positions, but every time I move to get comfortable my wife is not, so we are going with two beds side by side.
HELP.

looking for the same thing...i think the sleep number is topping my list.....split king, although i have debated the split because of a seven year old little guy who still likes the cocasional snuggle time with mom and dad like the last two nights he was sick. sure do wish insurance would cover this one.

Al, I have an ALSA loan closet hospital bed, which is Invacare. I think with my set up it would be too short for a man of six feet. I have a blanket rack which holds the bedding off my feet (very similar to your own: cold and swollen) and then I have my bed makers stuff a standard bed pillow into the "hole" made by the blanket rack so my feet are placed toes straight up against the pillow... which uses up all that space you'd need. My bed is standard, not extra long... I sure hope you can find the best solution.

An alternating air mattress overlay keeps pressure points from remaining the same, and a sheep fleece pad covers all of the mattress so I don't get the skin breakdown. The wool isn't hot in summer--wicks away dampness.

My husband sleeps on an adjustable XL Twin Tempurpedic bed. He's around 6'2 (shrinking) and has trouble with the pillow falling off at the top and with his feet hanging slightly off the end. I'm sure I could find a solution for the top of the bed. Just a heads up that since you are tall this bed may not be the right solution for you.

Yes, I have the same problem with the pillow off the top of bed when I raise the bed at night.

What about having someone sew velcro onto the pillow slip and the sheet? Or putting a flannel sheet across the top as a draw sheet and using a flannel pillow slip? The pillow off the top is always an issue in the clinical setting.

Have you got the bed yet? Let us know.

Kay Marie, a flannel draw sheet and pillow case at the top of the bed sounds to me like the most simple and easy solution--thank you.

Still looking for ideas on the best bed? Looking on line there are so many? Confused.

Look for a bed that will raise and lower at press of a button. Think about the looks - headboard & footboard.

What really makes the bed , is the mattress. I have a PressureGuard CFT mattress that is really comfortable for me.

Glen

I'm happy with my Invacare which is totally electric, Al. At PLM a man uses a foam wedge for his feet which would take a lot less room at the foot of the bed than my pillow footstop. Get extra long, however with which ever brand you buy.

Last edited:
Good point about the extra long wsince I am 6 foot.
Thanks

I too am a 6 footer. I have the 80 inch model which is excellent. I use the footboard to push myself up.

Sounds good to me. I do not have to worry about pushing up anymore, lost that along with everything else. :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back