Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
Good Fri. went to BBQ at neighbors. Going into back yard hit soft ground on slope which dug in front wheels sliding me and hand on controller forward. Chair lurched and out I went as foot pads dug in. Feet ended up under chair in tangled mess. Son in law, daughter(Paramedic) and neighbor got me back in chair. Didn't appear that anything was broken so carried on. Wine, like time heals all wounds. Not! Sat am, pain in left ankle is unbearable. Off to ER. Xray shows 2 breaks in ankle and inconclusive on knee.
Bone density is so bad from being in chair they could almost see through them. Don't forget to ask your MD about Calcium and Vit. D if you don't move around much.
So they give me a morphine shot. Half hour later I throw up. Maybe just slight allergy? Put on toe to knee cast and send me home. Puke 2 more times on ride home during 12 min ride.
Then the real fun starts. Coming out both ends. Real exciting when you use a Hoyer lift. Bathroom floor sure got it's share of washings every hour or so all night long. So Sun. back to ER for IV fluids and IV Gravol .Diagnosis food poisoning after blood work etc. Still coming out the bottom till Tues night and I took Immodium.
Today I feel almost civilized. Not my usually cheery self. I hope everyone plays nice. I've already given a few timeouts today to save some from a permanent ban.
David's house flooded over the weekend so he's got issues to deal with too. So please try to be nice people.

AL.

So sorry to hear of your fall - as if dealing with a fresh break and new cast wasn't enough for one day to have food poisoning on top of it.... well ain't that the sh- ---! :)
I wore my cast for six months - well not the same cast but a cast none the less. Hope you are luckier and don't have to suffer thru the summer months with it. They are hot.

Al....

Wow! That's all I can think to say. So glad to hear you're on the mend. I knew something was up when you weren't around at all.

Broken bones are no fun. Be a model patient for your docs, ok?

Importantly... are you able to keep the Merlot down properly now?

((HUGS)) & a kiss on the forehead too.

So sorry Al. It seems seems sooner or later almost all the regulars on the forum post some kind of emergency. During the last week I slumped to the floor only to find I can no longer get up unassisted. I laid in the bathroom floor butt naked after bending down to pull hair out of the shower drain. I wasn't hurt but was exhausted trying to get up. Anyone using one of those emergency pendant thingys?

Oh Al, this is just literally the sh-ts! Sending you Prairie Wine and kisses!

Wow Al, what an Easter for you.
Take it easy mate and rest up.

I promise to be nice on the forum so you dont have to give me a time out, off the forum, well that is a different thing :wink:

cheers
Peter

Oh my gosh Al! What a nightmare! So glad you're on the other side of the grossness! Take it easy & don't push too hard
Prayers for healing!

Reading your post made ME sick to my stomach. I really hurt for you AL. Things can only get better after all that! Hope recovery goes much smoother and nothing like that will ever happen again.

Al, sorry to hear about your mishap and illness. So glad that you are ok and that you had good help handy. I promise to be a good boy :wink::wink: so that you can rest and get better and David can get his basement dried out.

byethesea, I was told about them a while ago but haven't done any more about it, might be time though.

Oh Al, I am so sorry! What an awful weekend. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Thanks for the tip about the Vitamin D and calcium. Eric will start tomorrow. His docs have mentioned it and we had forgotten.

Take care.

Al, are you trying to upstage your own lawn-mower episode?
Hope you take it easy & mend soon. Someone has to referee the sandbox!

Bythesea- you clean out the hair in the shower drain?:shock: (or, even notice it?)
Tell your wife to give you a kiss; you get the husband of the week award!

Al so sorry you had such a traumatic few days. Hope you're feeling better after the food poisoning and hoping your leg heals in no time.

Al, so sorry to hear about all your troubles lately! No wonder you haven't been around! Hope you get mended up soon. Talk about getting everything at once. I promise to play nice too. Poor David!

Oh boy, Al. Sounds like anything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Wishing you a speedy recovery with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back