Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
what I am asking about is really possible anywhere there is a crtowd. Went out to dinner with friends last night and no-one could hear what I was saying, even though I thought I was shoutiing ( this was in a restaurant and tha ambient noise was not huge. Now whereas raising ones voice to be heard is one thing, I imagine turning up the volume on your electronic speaker is yet another that might seem very rude.
But how to manage? I got very tired and out of breath trying to take part in the conversation and being me find it just about impossible to stay out of it. Suppose these occasions are only rare but I still wonder if you can raise your volume enough to be audible like everybody else without seeming rude?

Irismarie, don't ever worry about being rude because you want to be heard! I know that I have felt self concious using my pseuodo voice in public places and had some people look but I have gotten over that just like I have gotten over so many other things. Save your own voice and your energy and pump up the volume! Loud and proud.

I have a phrase programmed "I have ALS and eventually it will shut me up but not yet". I haven't used it yet but it is ready.

Barry

I like that phrase. Thank you, BArry. I am not set up properly yet. Still putting things off and imagining I am playing at it but now no-one seems able to hear me - well, they are obviously all going deaf but won't admit it - I had better get serious/ Cannot afford anything other than my netbook so will go with that. All advice welcome.

Thank you again.

I bought a pair of X-Mini II from satechie dot net. They are loud and proud, and they run by internal batteries that charge via usb.

These little speakers work on my ipod , my netbook, even Wanda's laptop.

Of course , I think a good whoopie cushion will work also. Everyone knows that a loud fart will stop people from talking and will look at you. Thats what you are after isnt it ?

How very rude!heeheeheeDont know how to fart in Italian, tho, and we were in an italian restao.

and thank you for the advice..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back