Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Columbus
A year ago today I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. I had found out two days before (3/27/09) that my dad had officially been diagnosed with ALS. At the time, he was slurring his words but was very easy to understand. Two days later, on my birthday (3/29/09), I was feeling very sorry for myself because, being a family that is BIG on birthdays, I thought that would be the last time I ever heard my dad sing happy birthday to me.

But... this morning, my mom and dad called me and woke me up. They sang Happy Birthday. My dad did the best he could and made it all of the way through!

Best Birthday Present EVER! :)

Such good news. I think it is amazing how important the little things in life become. Thank you for sharing with us.. Hope you and your father celebrate many more milestones together...

ohhhhh sniff sniff That is just full of love and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! hugs to you bday girl!

That is just fantastic to hear indigosd what a blessing.........and Wishing you a very Happy Birthday also!

Jenn, that is so special. I'm very glad for you... and have a very Happy Birthday.

i know how you feel , it is a good feeling

So happy you are able to celebrate the moments! Happy Birthday!

I can't imagine anyone of my friends TRULY understanding how important something seemingly so small is. So, I told no one... other than the people I KNEW would understand. Thank you all for recognizing and sharing in the little things that mean the most.

Thanks friends!

P.S. Howling at the moon tonight!

I completely understand! But, when your dad can't sing anymore, you'll still remember the sound of his voice in your heart. I promise.

& a big Happy Birthday to you from me. :)

BRILLIANT! I am so happy for you and him and all who love him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back