Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
this film was on the tv in the uk this afternoon.
it was about the diognosis of a young women jenifer estess who along with her sisters founded "project als".
project als was set up to raise funds and help find a cure for als and other neurological conditions............here is the web site..........Project A.L.S. - Finding & Funding a Cure for ALS
sadly jenifer died in december 03,the film showed her as a vibrant women full of life to the very end.
if you have seen the film............i hope you dont have an als nurse at your clinic like she had,talk about the grim reaper but jenifer did fire her in the end.

There is also a book about this woman and her life with ALS. It is called Tales from the Bed. The book is good. A friend of mine said there is a documentary of the same name on the HBO network. I've not seen it. Ms. Estess definitely had a huge spirit and drive to end this horrible disease.

Hey Olly girl,
I love the book, have shared it with many.. I got to meet Valerie Estees this summer, and have talked to her since. She is really amazing. I made her laugh, since I could quote the book on demand.. I felt like I already was aware of so much about the family.. Project AlS is awesome..

Hi, just wondering about the book? Can I just order it on line or Barns and Noble?Thanks, Linda

I got mine from Amazon.com and was able to buy a used copy for just a few dollars. It was really a good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back