01/2008
Country
US
State
PA
City
Philadelphia
Hey everybody,

I posted to this forum last April in hopes of doing a portrait project on people impacted by ALS. Unfortunately, I totally dropped the ball due to the passing of my father to the illness.

The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA - Today's Obituaries

Anyway, I want show what people are going through with ALS, from family members to those who have to live with it every day. I hope to get this project published to raise awareness, because I feel as if ALS isn't getting the attention it deserves. There has to be some kind of cure for this.

I know it's a lot to ask, but I would greatly appreciate this. I've been having a photographer's equivalent of a writer's block for the past year and think this would help me be able to move on from my father's death.

Thank you.

Dustin

Dustin,

My condolences to you on the loss of your father. You are wonderful son and person to want to push forward with your portrait project. I think it is a SUPER IDEA! If more people could "see" the faces of ALS, more resources might be found to fight this Beast and help to care for people living with this disease right now. If you could get together a collection of amazing photos and get them published....WOW! What can we do to help you?

Debbie

Dustin, I'd love to help if I can. Let us know what you need. Jennifer

I would love to help..where should we send the pictures? I am so sorry for your loss...
Kelly

Dustin, I'm sorry for the loss of your father. He seems to have been a marvelous fellow.

hi dustin, seems you are from my old stomping grounds.....i grew up in mt. carmel...my mom still lives there. so sorry about your dad

I grew up in Mifflinburg and currently live in Warrior Run.

how exactly can we help

Sorry about your Dad Dustin.

Just tell us how we can help?

Thank you thank you thank you for the enormous response.

What I'd like to do is spend a day with those surviving with ALS in their lives, taking candid photos of a daily routine. I'd also like to do a portrait or two with each person and their families/friends. Hopefully this is something I can take to one of the many national magazines I've photographed for and get an article shedding a light on this illness.

So, if anyone knows of people that would like to help, have them get in touch with me. I truly appreciate it!

bravo, Dustin. And if you want a change of scenery and to see how it works - or doesn't - in another country, COme and have a holiday in France, and bring as many of the crowd with you as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back