Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
US
State
FL
City
SUNNY ISLES BEACH
I keep biting my inner cheeks, especially my left cheek. It hurts and it is bruised.
I tried using a drugstore Dental Guard. It did not work.
I asked my dentist if he could design a guard. He basically said: "No".

If you had a similar problem, please let me know your solution.

I keep biting my inner cheeks, especially my left cheek. It hurts and it is bruised.
I tried using a drugstore Dental Guard. It did not work.
I asked my dentist if he could design a guard. He basically said: "No".

If you had a similar problem, please let me know your solution.

I did for a while, then I just stopped. I can't say what happened. Instead of putting something in your mouth. Why don't you try to keep your mouth shut instead? Might be safer. I would get a chin strap that is used with a bipap. You can't bite your cheeks if your mouth is closed. Just a thought.

I absoulutely have the problem.. I can completely relate. I have not found anything to really help, the only suggestion I can give is a prescription for mouth ulcer's, it make the darn things go away a little quicker. I wish I could give you more, just know that many of us on here have that as a symptom. Sometimes I have it worse than others.. I sympathize, will keep looking for solutions.

I have had this going on now for months. I did get a night guard.. helped until i got the bipap...i just can't have both going on at the same time. My mouth is in a awful way. I am going to ask for that medication when I see my nero this week. thanks,L

love the new photo, linda. Yep, same problem but it is so interesting how many things I had not thought connected to als turn out to be because of it

It seems that the problem disappeared, except when my mouth is very dry.

I am having more trouble with the biting lately. At night.the less muscle tone the more my mouth,cheeks and inside of my lips get in the way...for me it is an on going problem....I just use something for cold sores,over the counter to help. Make sure it can go in side the mouth....l

Web is now experiencing the cheek biting along with the teeth chattering AND noticeable increase in fasciculations in his face and chest. Warm salt water rinses seem to help inside his mouth. Not really a rinse as much as a stand over the sink and put it in his mouth and it comes right out. stinks doesn't it! hugs to all

I am experiencing tongue biting during the night and find the salt water rinse in the morning helps. I am also noticing a metallic, slippery feel in my mouth and food isn't tasting unless highly seasoned. I'm wondering if this is another phase or something else going haywire.

We bite club

Hey a new club. The WE BITE CLUB . Our slogan can be "Don't you just love the taste of blood in the morning"

Scope works well for me.

Glen

Yes , When I do get to have soup or a smoothie, It does taste very bland..What's with that now? Oh my gosh, I am in the bite me club...lol, Lin

Maybe we should bite other people instead? Vampire club? Ignore anything i say. Have taken HUGE dose of valium and floatinf well above the ketboard here

First time I've written anything on here but I know I should be a member of the "We Bite Club", just worried about the subscription costs! By the way, neber heard of a Bipap before, I'll try to look it up right now.

Cheers all

Ian

Welcome to both the forum and the We Bite club Ian. Sorry that you have to be a member of either.

I used to be a cheek biter but that went away. Now I am a tongue biter when I am laying in bed. I always sleep on my side (always have) and my tongue flops over to get between my molars and gets bitten. I never bite it badly but it is uncomfortable for sure. I am hoping that when I get my bipap next week that it will help me stop biting.

Thanks Barry, don't know whether I want to stay in this club or join you biting my tongue, I think I'll just see what happens! Good luck with the bipap, I hope it works well for you and if it helps to stop the tongue biting too, that'd be great.

As regards being a member of the forum, I did come across the forum when I looked up my symptoms about 18 months ago but didn't know I had a hidden membership number in my throat! I've sort of come to terms with it but there are still occasions when I can't believe what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back