Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
MD
City
baltimore
Would like to hear from PALS who went to Mayo clinic. What was your impression?
Who did you see? Do you feel that Mayo was better in diagnostic approach then your local ALS doctor/clinic?
All the best, Mary

Will be glad to share info on Hopkins if you interested.Erica

I go to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. In fact just went there yesterday. I find them to be very caring, professional and willing to help with anything. I attend their clinics every 3 months and get a lot of help from them. My experiences have been very satisfying. I feel like I am being taken care of and I have brought every what if, and could it be question to my Doctor and he is patient and always does what he can to explain or test to rule out anything else. I see Dr. Kevin Boylan and would recommend him to anyone.
Hope this helps
NancyS

NANCY! I am here in Jax for an appt on Thurs! Just missed you! I will see Dr. Boylan too.

As far as Mayo...I would still not have a diagnosed if I had still been going to my former hospital in Atlanta. I went to Mayo, and after four days and many tests, I finally got a diagnosed! I wouldn't take anything for my trip to Mayo! THEY ARE THE BEST! They are caring and they seem to want to help you no matter what!

I would make a trip to Mayo...for a second or third opinion.

I am not going to be able to come back..they are doing a clinic about 30 miles from my house and it takes me 5 hours to get to Mayo. boo hoo!

chefdeborah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back