Diagnosis
5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Snellville
I'm only 2 1/2 years into this, and I'm hating it already!

I don't think anyone loves it so you are not alone. There are a few of us that don't dwell on it because there is nothing that can be gained by worrying about it. Try to focus on the positive things around you and don't worry about things you have no control over.

We all hate ALS but don't let it ruin your life and consume your thoughts.

I'm not dwelling at all, but its always on my mind, now that its progessed to the point I can't ignore it anymore.

The only thing I get a charge out of regarding this mess is the NCV testing! Oh, man!

The only thing I get a charge out of regarding this mess is the NCV testing! Oh, man!

Nerve conduction study? That didn't bother me at all, but the EMG in the tongue, and neck wasn't very pleasant! :?

Kim, yeah that sure is a Charge.. You are too much.. Yeah pretty much we all are united in HATE over this crap.. But well worrying and such, is sure not going to help.. Take it from a worry-wart.. I am trying to take Joel's mind-set, much more pleasant, and sure easier to deal with..

Phil, it didn't bother me at all. The jolts were invigorating!

Well Phil, some things just suck. On the other hand, the sun is shining, the temp is a couple of degrees above freezing so the snow is melting and the granddaughter took about 10 steps in a row today (she's 1 ) and the 3 year old just brought me a bowl of grapes. Life isn't so bad after all.

AL.

I'm only 2 1/2 years into this, and I'm hating it already!

already? I am 10 MONTHS into it and cannot walk a step, have weak arms and hands and cough like mad when I drink and my words are slurred when I am tired. HAte it? CAN certyainly agree with that

My truth is, I have really good days but I also have the bad ones that sneak in. Oh I hate those days.. Not near as many as the good ones but when i have them it is almost not bearable.... As hard as I try I may cry and feel really sad and sorry for myself. Can't help it. i wish i could be more like folks that are much stronger than me.... At every turn something new comes along just when i think I can handle what is going on with me? Things just change so often it is hard to keep up with it mentally... So I have my moments.. then they are over and a new day begins. We all want to be possitive and up lifting all the time but, for most i think it just isn't like that? Thanks for listening to me vent? Hugs, Linda

No problem Linda. A good vent is good therapy once in a while.

AL.

Thanks Al,I think I am more upset about getting the peg on thursday.. just don't want to be at that stage in this progression. Sad just real sad..Today is a day i am fighting to keep upbeat.... Big Hugs to you for understanding.. Linda

im 3yrs but 6 since i started. i hate what its doing to my son more then what im going through. i dont want peg or vent. sorry but how can you be positive when you know its not going to get better.

You know, every day is a good day for me it's just that some are more good than others. On the days that are less good I still try to smile and not be just a lump in the recliner who is dreaming of a BLT. We are all allowed to rant on here, if it feels good, do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back