Is there anyone in direct contact with Lori Walley? ALSGA needs her to respond to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMillheiser

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
california
City
san juan capistrano
Last August Lori set up a Facebook "Cause" page in our name (ALSGA) without letting us know in advance. She has subsequently abandoned it. I realize she meant well. However, ALSGA already has a very active "Cause" page, and the existence of Lori's page is causing a great deal of confusion. As a result, some people do not feel comfortabe making donations to ALSGA over Facebook. This is costing us much needed funding and makes our efforts to help the ALS community that much more difficult.

I have been trying to contact Lori about this for 3-4 months by phone, email and every other possible way. So have our volunteers. She does not respond. Is there ANYONE in direct contact with Lori that can appeal to her to take the page down or contact ALSGA? Alternatively, is there anyone that knows how to eliminate the page without Lori's involvement? PLEASE help us.

Stu

Last August Lori set up a Facebook "Cause" page in our name (ALSGA) without letting us know in advance. She has subsequently abandoned it. I realize she meant well. However, ALSGA already has a very active "Cause" page, and the existence of Lori's page is causing a great deal of confusion. As a result, some people do not feel comfortabe making donations to ALSGA over Facebook. This is costing us much needed funding and makes our efforts to help the ALS community that much more difficult.

I have been trying to contact Lori about this for 3-4 months by phone, email and every other possible way. So have our volunteers. She does not respond. Is there ANYONE in direct contact with Lori that can appeal to her to take the page down or contact ALSGA? Alternatively, is there anyone that knows how to eliminate the page without Lori's involvement? PLEASE help us.

Stu

That stinks Stu. Hopefully they can get this figured out.

Hi Stu, have you tried to contact facebook? I dont think they can take an entire facebook page down, but perhaps they would be willing to edit out the problem that links her to the ALSGA?
Hugs, Kari

I have never heard of her. That just sucks.

Stu, you might try contacting her brother maybe he can get in touch with her, here is a link to his facebook page
Login | Facebook

Last edited:
I know a member who she is in contact with frequently. She sent a text message to me yesterday..Said she would call Today, that is ironic. I will tell her Stu. I have not heard from her in a very long time.

Oh see the Gods are at work here!

Her brother Tim, passed recently, Lorie is also showing signs of Familial ALS. I sent a message on FB for her to contact you. HUGS Lori

I'm sorry about Tim. The first wheelchair van ALSGA ever donated was to Lori for Tim. I hope he got some use out of it. I've known Lori for a few years now, and she never mentioned anything about Tim's ALS being familial.

oh i hope i donated to the right one

i have sent her some emails but she has not replied.
i do have her phone number and was going to call but thought it would be best to leave it for a while.
if you can not get in touch in a few days i can try calling her.

Olly- I have her phone number and have been leaving messages for months. None have been returned.

Hum, well if lori is showing signs of ALS, I would bet the local ALSA in her area have been notified and they would have the contact info for her that is more up to date.

I sent her brother an email, maybe that will help.

Lori didn't want anyone to know about the familial issue while she was looking after Tim. After Tim's passing she then started to concentrate on her problems which were becoming hard to ignore. I know she's not feeling great but am hoping for the best for her.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back