Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
well today's RMI of the bone marrow came up with quite a few things that were not there at the last one 2 months ago. a few angiomas, an oedema, several discopathies, a discal protrusion. None of this was noted before.
Are these things typical of the progress of ALS? I understand NOTHING! Not seeing the doc for a week or so as having a brain mri in a few days' time, too.
I should be grateful to hear what those of you who understand have to say.
Thank you
Irismarie

Hi, Irismarie, that is very strange that you would have so many changes in the MRI over two months. I wonder if it is just that the radiologist who evaluated this one was "pickier" than the one who read your earlier image? Generally ALS would not produce changes in the MRI as far as I know. Maybe if your pattern of activity has changed, for example sitting a lot more due to weakness, that could put more strain on your back and perhaps cause some changes.

Hopefully when you meet with the doctor he will be able to pull up your old images and compare them directly with the new ones, to see whether there is real change or just a difference in the opinion of the radiologists reading them.

thanks, Hal. I must say it seems odd but I have deteriorated enormously in these 2 months and cannot take a single step now.....wonder what it is

I am sorry to hear your news. i hate that you can no longer walk. I just feel so bad and wish i was there to help in some way.You could talk for me and I would push you through your garden...smile! You are traveling this journey a little different than me. My heart hurts for your problems with walking. One day we will be whole again.... I know that. this is just a little speck in time and we have eternity to look forward to. Hugs, Linda

Oh Irismarie, I hope they are able to get a handle on all of this for you. You are getting that wheelchair that will be able to get you out to that beautiful garden still right? Spring is just around the corner hun, hold on to that. I wish I could be there to help you, its so frustrating being a kazillion miles away from someone you care so much about! Hang in there girlfriend, and keep us posted!
HUGS!....Kari

love you all.

oh darn it all! This is putrid. Do you mean MRI? I just hate that we are all so far away. I am going to see if I can find a youtube of Mozart's flute and harp concerto and post it on the music thread just for you! enormous hugs to you dear one!

How did you know that is my favourite music of all time.......Thank you for thinking of it..........

yes i did mean MRI. In french they say IRM and I got muddled..........;

I tell you i think the flying monkey's are hiding in your home? How did she know that? Hope you are having a great day today. I am determined to..lol Hugs, l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back