Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
CDN
State
BC
City
Victoria
Im very new to this and a little nervous about the whole blogging thing so bare with me if I am posting this wrong . . . I am looking for some kind of Mp3 player with large buttons for play, skip, and stop. I have looked on all kinds of medical equipment sites and they have voice activated ones or ones with too small buttons. Would anyone happen to know where I can find this item?

"Life offers us tickets to places which we have not knowingly asked for. Then it makes us pay the fare."

I have an ipod touch. all the controls are touch screen. same interface to listen to music, listen to audiobooks, watch movies.

Glen

Hi Jagzy. A couple of ideas if you have not tried these yet.

Here is a switch adapted MP3 player Assistive Technology -RJ's MP3 Player-Drive

This is a voice recorder for the visually impaired but also plays audio books and MP3 files. Milestone 311-Voice Recorder and MP3 Player for The Blind

iScanMP3 (Manufacturer says it only works with certain iPods) AbleData: Products

Or does your area have an agency that works as a clearing house for technology such as we do in KY. KATS Network | Regional AT Centers This agency has helped people find resources for obtaining adaptive switches to technology they alread own, loans some items and has a publication where people buy/sell/trade asssitive devices among other services. Maybe you have something like this in your area?

You can also use a computer to do this, either a desktop, notebook or a netbook.

When use of hands are no longer feasible then a headmouse and a program called Dasher keep us going.

Another suggestion: check the kids stores! Frequently things are made for kids with large buttons and easier interface.

I second the idea of looking for a kids mp3 player.

Try searching "mp3 player for kids" in amazon.com. There seem to be a number of options that
would also be available at a discount store. Don't know about sound quality, plus some don't have earphone jacks.

Or use wireless headphones.

Or you could try using a pogo stylus with an iPhone or iTouch.
See:
Accessing the iPad: Mouthsticks and Styluses | ATMac

I would terribly miss music without my ipod. Good lucki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back