Diagnosis
12/2009
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
sm
ever since the heavy rains in Oct. our basement floods ....I got mold growing and it is black...they will not help us and that mold is really starting to get bad...what to do when I can't work and have no money to fix the problem. I have a 5 year old daughter and I am sick. Freakin going crazy:cry: then on top of that I only get 30% from the VA...wow a big $376...that pays for our grocery.....

Marti, that is bad and I wish that I had any suggestions to offer you but I'm sorry I don't. Are there any church groups or service clubs that could help you get it repaired? It is definitely not healthy for anyone to live in a house with black mold so you do need to get it fixed soon.

Do you have any idea how much a clean-up would cost? Can you get a free estimate?

You may be able to get a grant from the ALS Guardian Angels. Also, I believe there are loans specifically geared towards the "disabled." Don't know if that could even be an option for you. I will await your response before I try to find that info. I know I've got it around here somewhere. Can't believe how disorganized I seem to be getting.

Marti,

I don't know much about mold clean up but I did find this article from the University of Georgia where you live.
http://www.fcs.uga.edu/ext/pubs/hace/HACE-E-53.pdf

The link states at the bottom... For more information: Contact your Local County Extension Office and visit our website at www.fcs.uga.edu/housing

Here is a list of extension offices in GA by county so that you can find yours. UGA Cooperative Extension | County Offices

Also there is information in this link about how to clean up directly after a flood and it also encourages GA residents to contact the extension office for help Marketing Extension | CAES | UGA

Maybe your county Extension office can help connect you with an agency that might assist with the mold removal. Good Luck.

Thanks..I will check those websites:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back