Reason
Other
Country
US
State
IN
City
Evansville
With Bulbar onset with tongue twitching can you still have twitching and atrophy in your lower body?

Thanks,

Holly:?:

Definately, Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear.

of course! I am assuming that you are refering to the fasiculations in the tongue.

My understanding is that ..yes it will move to the rest of the body...given time :(

sorry....prayer and hugs!

Absolutely. Glen's is bulbar onset... but his hands and arms barely work now, and my former marathon runner shuffles about a mile in about an hour. Different onsets only indicate where the disease first shows itself.. not where it's going.

Yes...my mom's started with her speech and within a few months it went to her arm and legs....she has no mobility at all now

First 9 months just speech and swallowing... In the last few months, hands and arms are showing symptoms...

hi im jeffp i was diagnosed aug09 ,in 07 istarted showing symtoms with a twitch in my left shoulder .i had bad teeth and had half pulled and then to finish the other half when i had enough money.in dec o7 my speech became a little slurred we thought it was from having teeth pulled so i left it like that.i have always worked out and thought that twitch in my shoulder was due to that in aug 09 my wife noticed it moved to the other arm and all the way down to my for arm on the left side .we went to the nurologist and a becan talking to her about this twitching problem i have she looked over at my wife and asked how long has he been talking like this ,my wife explained about the teeth being pulled and she said that is not from teeth being pulled they did a few test than set me up for an emg .the twitching is throughout my whole body i just cant see it other than in my arms and tounge so yes it can move to other parts of your body.well holly im sorry to tell you that but to make sure have a emg done as soon as possible ,if you ever need to talk feel free jeffp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back