Diagnosis
04/2003
Country
UK
State
suffolk
City
stowmarket
had mnd since 2003 arms weak and limited use legs . suffer bady with cramps for which i take medication walking is aided and on toes as drop foot is prevelant
my query is past week ive had a pain i can only desc as having a dart pushed into your leg, inner side, level with knee excruciaating pain unable to put pressure on foot
Dr cant offer an explanation anyone else had this because morphine isnt doing any good and i want to beleve my standing days are not over thnx:confused:

Hi, Im sorry to hear about the pain you are in. You will find that many of us have pain and yet the Dr. just say they don't think it has to do with ALS.. My right leg has had an awful pain that happens in the morning . It sounds a lot like what you are having only. I could get it under control with hot bath, hot pad and pain meds. Sometimes with would take 2 hours of horrible pain. I have mentioned though that the last month I have not had the pain... Strange ....The pain would sstart in my hip area and go all way down to my foot.... I think mine has to do with circulation. But I don't really know. Li

I am so sorry to hear that your are in such pain! I have a meniscal tear in my left knee that causes pain simular to your's. I get cordison a shot every few months, I use coconut oil daily and quninne water this has really help.

I hope that you are able to have some relief soon.

I am so sorry to hear that your are in such pain! I have a meniscal tear in my left knee that causes pain simular to your's. I get cordison a shot every few months, I use coconut oil daily and quninne water this has really help.

I hope that you are able to have some relief soon.

Hi serenade,

Just curious, do you take cocunut oil directly by the bottle or indirectly through cooking?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
It comes in liquid or capsule form. I can't swallow the capsules they are huge so I cut them and squeeze it on snack pack pudding or applesauce.

ok guys ,I'm lost... Cocunut oil? What does it do.. I will get some..lol just need to know what for// Thanks, Linda

Linda,
I use to take coconut oil and stopped years ago. I decided to research it for als, there are many article on why it would be a benifit to take it. Here is a few.

"In a recent article in Health and Healing (Dr. Whitaker) reference is made about the use of above oils to create ketones in the body which can be used to energize neurons when glucose no longer works. This could be the key to keeping muscles alive vs atrophy."

"health benefits of coconut products, particularly coconut oil. Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, which is known for being anti-viral, antibacterial and anti-fungal." This also good for immune systems.

There are many more articles and blogs of positive results obtained from people with als taking coconut oil.
Even if it does not help with als you will have nice skin, finger nails and hair.

Thanks I think I will go buy a coconut...

Thanks for the info, serenade. I'll check into the cocunut pills.

I am getting very bad pain in both arms. This pain keeps me awake at night. My neuro thinks it is being caused by my muscles going in my shoulders therefore my ligaments are trying to hold up my arms thus creating the pain. Has anyone else had similar symptoms.

I get bad pain in the front of the arms at the level of the armpits - quite specific place.
and general pain around the back of the shoulder
When I USE my arms they go inot cramp very quickly but that stops the moment i stop making the effort

My pain is quite excruitiating. Mainly in the biceps and the inside of elbow. I do get cramps in the rest of the body but this is no where near as painful as I am going through with my arms. I am currently seeing an acupunturist so hopefully he will help the pain.

had mnd since 2003 arms weak and limited use legs . suffer bady with cramps for which i take medication walking is aided and on toes as drop foot is prevelant
my query is past week ive had a pain i can only desc as having a dart pushed into your leg, inner side, level with knee excruciaating pain unable to put pressure on foot
Dr cant offer an explanation anyone else had this because morphine isnt doing any good and i want to beleve my standing days are not over thnx:confused:

Is it nerve pain? I'm not sure how well morphine treats nerve pain...

Is this pain all the time or only when you are still. My pain is mainly when my arms are in the one position. My acupuncturist only today told me that is is due to muscle spasm which is quite different from muscle cramp. I get a pain like a dart as well and it goes right down the arm.

My husband describes the pain he gets in his back like he is being stabbed with a knife. It is a pretty constant pain, with some relief when he is laying down. We have an appointment with a back doctor on Thursday, so I will let you know what we find out HUGS Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back