Other
Country
US
State
NY
City
Kew Gardens Hills
Hello,
I'd like to know what are your thoughts about these devices.

This is their website for more information:
DynaVox & Mayer-Johnson

I think it's wonderful for individuals with ALS to have such a resource.

Thanks!
slpsingh

At the prices they want to charge for that "wonderful" technology, they are just another group of bloodsuckers profiting off the miseries of others. Can't wait until the hardware and software patents expire on their technology and they get some competition in the field.

I am interested in these devices, as well. My friend is going to be released to her home from rehab next week. She has a trach and is, at this point on it for 21 hours a day. With the trach she can only communicate by mouthing words which is very frustrating for her. It can take us a good ten minutes to understand a short sentence. I want to look into the dynavox for her but there is no money for it. Are there any organizations that provide them free of charge or at a reduced rate? Does insurance cover it? If not, why not? It is barbaric to deprive a cognizant and intelligent person of a viable form of communication. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Our ALS Society provides them for us. Have you checked with your local office?

I bookmarked it for the future, THANKS!

I have a Dynavox on order; it is covered by my insurance. The only thing they don't cover is the $50 for adding the Internet.

Wow, I'm so glad that you all think that the Eyemax is a viable solution for loved ones with ALS! The company has always been focusing on their customers and there is nothing wrong with being successful. They hire Speech Pathologists and caring individuals to design their language framework to address customer needs. The website offers valuable information DynaVox & Mayer-Johnson
Check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back