Diagnosis
12/2009
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
sm
I went to the store slipped fell and got laughed at...right now I hate everyone..bloody knees and my husband is in denial no support no love....I feel I need to leave:(....Don't know what to do...

we understand, I sent you a message. HUGS Lori

Oh, how I am WITH YOU!
Lots and lots of love
Irismarie

Oh Honey...so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Your husband excepting what is happening will come. Try to give him time too. I say "too" because this isn't easy for anyone and you need time too. As many on here have said.."this is a disease that hits everyone involved!.

Praying for love and patience...Hugs too!

So sorry you were exposed to a brew of insensitive, unkind oafs :evil:! I know it doesnt' take away the moment of sadness and isolation, but please file into your heart that you have a village of love here who won't stare or stand unmoving...

Regarding your husband...if he's anything like mine, he'd much rather be an ostrich burying his head in the ground than face the horrid reality of watching his wife suffer and face the possibility of losing her. Maybe you have a pastor, counselor type you could go to together?

Peace,
Melody

Marti, I don't know what happened to my post, but I am reposting: I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. I truly believe you that there are mean people out there. This place called Earth can be a beautiful place to live only if all diseases beginning with Als and each and every disrespectful mean moron be removed from the face of this beautiful planet. As for your husband, the day will come when he is going to wish that he had encountered this sad situation in a more humanely way. I have no more to say, except that may God bless you!

Irma

Oh God...now I have double posted....maybe I can get Al to remove the latter. Sorry about that!

Irma

Hi Marti,
I am sorry you were hurt and people laughed. I can only hope they had no idea why you fell and were simply uncomfortable with their own inability to reach out and help you up. I remember I fell down some steps in front of work--simple clumsiness, but I ended up on the sidewalk of a busy city street and as I lay there, checking in my mind for broken bones, I thought, "shoot...no one is helping me up! What the hell!" I was more sad and hurt about that than I was embarrassed for my pratfall. By the way, I am kinda funny when I fall because I do a full on three-stooges-like fall. No grace, no dignity, legs up in the air then down on the butt and the most undigified sprawl you can imagine. Sometimes I get to do this when I am in a pretty dress and feeling real cool and sophisticated--in fact, that is when I usually trip over...um a crack in the sidewalk maybe:). I can only tell you that if I were there I would have rushed to help you. I think we Americans have been a little remiss in teaching our kids manners, like the basics...I don't know how else to explain it. But don't worry, we ALL fall and those who laughed were just uncomfortable in their own skin or...sociopaths. I'm hoping the former? I am so glad you are okay...you are okay aren't you?

You know some people can just be sooooooooooo mean! But, human nature sometimes laughs, like on "america's funniest home videos".
Now maybe laughing would be okay, knowing that you were okay, no blood, able to laugh at yourself, but still, nobody helping you up? Irismarie just had that happen to her at a hospital and nobody helped and they just stood there with their mouths open. It pisses me off! It would be my natural reaction to help a stranger who fell. What is up with people?! Now, I have some stories to tell ya about falling. I dont have ALS but I do have Fibromyalgia which gives you balance problems sometimes. Once I was walking from my office to a grocery store for lunch, tripped on NOTHING, landed flat on my face and guess where I was? In front of a liquor store! Bet that looked real cute! Then there was the time I tripped on something coming down the stairs in my home and I was propelled into the air arms out like superman and landed in the middle of our living room. All my daughter saw was me flying in mid air! Yep, scraped, bleeding but laughing so hard I could hardly stop. Then the topper of embarrassment, some people came to the front door and my daughter was asleep on one couch, and my step son on the other. The people at the front door needed something, (cant remember what) and I went back into the living room to get it, (which is in plain view of the front door as well) and I again tripped and fell flat on my face AGAIN, only this time I am so embarrassed that I am laughing at myself and then what do I do while laying on the floor unable to get up? Pass gas! And it was loud too! The people at the front door just looked mortified and asked if I was okay, and my daughter and stepson were besides themselves laughing so hard.....yep never thought I would put that one in print, but I hope I cheered you up with a little giggle! As for the hubbie, DENIAL...obviously...ignore it and it didnt happen. A lot of people are like that. um...especially men...(sorry guys..we do love ya) but if they see something wrong with their wife, how will you be able to ever take care of them? How are they going to deal with losing you someday? It's no excuse, but people handle things in different ways, and unfortunately not all handle things the way we would like. Well....hang in there hun....just take things one day at a time...count the blessings like thank God you didnt break anything.....
Big bear Hugs,
Kari

D@^& rednecks! Where are the flying monkeys? Man I'm still too angry to post anything, but don't that beat all y'all? People laugh and turn their heads, oh I know!

thanks everyone! Still strong just frustrated....

Hang in there sweetie. Your hubby will have to come around. They will usually step up to the plate when things get undeniably bad, and then it's 100%. Just try to be patient, he is coming from a place of fear and denial. It WILL get better hun! We are here for you to vent anytime! You have my sympathies for now, and please know that I am sending you a hug!

Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back