Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
i wa supposed to be going in for 24 hours for another lumbar puncture. I was accosted incessantly from all side by needles, bedpans and handsome young doctors (am allowed to wish)
It was HORRIBLE (even the hansome yonug doctors stuck needles in me) and they decided I must stay in and have another brain MRI, another spine MRI, another doppler test on the arteries, but could not start till Monday (this was Friday) but I could only go home for ONE night as such are the rules...
Before I left, the horrible male neuro sat by me on my bed and gently, oh so gently, asked what kind of person I am and if I had had any grave problems when these"symptoms" started. Then suggested that perhaps as the tests showed "nothing" it might be psychological........I pitied him, I really did! The EMG showed the nerves are DEAD, for god's sake!
I left saying I would go back after one night but there is no way I am going back. What can they do?§ All I want is as much practical help as pos.

My legs are completely gone now. It was a miserable day yesterday as I had to admit that finally. I fell down twice while using sticks. (I had not taken my wheelchair to the hospital and when I asked if I could borrow one was met by a blank stare and raised eyebrows). One fall was in the cafe where I was taking a coffee. Stood up to go , tried to move and fell flat on my back. You know, the café was full. ONE person, an old man, rushed to help me. Everybody else just stared in the sudden silence. I just saw a room full of open eyes and mouths, almost aggressive. Once on my feet, they continued to stare, so I struck a pose and said "For my next dance...". Not one smile, not one head turned away. We learn a lot about human nature through illness, don't we!
Fell fown again this morning while trying to pick something up. Could do without the stress this hospital is causing me. You'd never believe they are supposed to be there to help us, would you!
But the dogs are happy cos there is snow:)

hi irismarie.
sorry you had such a crappy day at the hospital:-( ,i dont blame you not wanting to go back. its clear the staff have no compassion or sense of humour.

how about another hospital in your area?
here in the uk we can now pick which hospital we want to be treated in.

your not alone..................some years ago i had the psychological pep talk from a female doctor,talked about post-traumatic stress disorder:!::!::!:
i have led a mundane life,never been in a war.................honestly sometimes these people talk out there rear end;)

sending you a BIG (((HUG))):smile:

Thanks, famous Olly...
The hospital is OK but the male neuro in charge is rather insecure, I think. He is short and that could explain everything;-)
Anyay I am happy as it is snowing heavily so there is no way I can get back to the hospital for a few days. yey!
Hugging you right back and hugs all round. I LIKE HUGS

Oh sweet irismarie, don't you just wonder sometimes if we have a invisible sign tattooed on our forhead that says "KICK ME-DENY ME- MAKE MY LIFE MISERABLE! What to do, what to do....? Sending you hugs filled with the strength of power of the Prairie. xo Kay Marie

Irismarie, so sorry about your experience at the "hell-spit-all". When I am able to come to France, it seems there will need to be some serious butt-kicking. We are appalled at their mistreatment of our friend. What they'll never take is our attitudes and sense of humor. I'm so sorry about your legs, dear, my hands and arms are fading similarly. Speaking of humor/attitude, we surely must get together: with my legs and your arms we'd make an awesome couple! Instead of piano for 4 hands, we'll write pieces for 2 legs + 2 hands (of different people). Likewise, gardening would be a real hoot. Smiles and hugs to you, dear. --JK

OMG ROTFLMAO! Love this "hell-spit-all" it goes so nicely with my "med-i don't CARE" Ok, brilliant SA's-how about something for SSDI? The laughter they can NOT take from us! JK, did you forget that I will be there? So far, my arms and legs work so I will pick up the slack! What we can't manage we will train the Monkey's to do if we can keep them away from the wine! lol

Very true. I always assume that you and your ruby slippers are included. What I'm also hearing is a great SF novel, actually more satire than anything. With your, Webb's and Irismarie's wit and sarcasm, and my warped imagination, this emerging screenplay can't miss. Oh, what a wonderful project ahead! But first, feed the monkeys extra banannas (or IRS agents, ohhh) we've got to get to France (I have a map!) --Shabbat Shalom (don't tell Rabbi I'm on line) Just kidding. --JK

YES! YES YES YES! I forbid the Monkey's to nibble on Government Officials due to the absolute toxicity of them! Bad for those little Monkey's doncha know! Oh....can we have time travel in your SF novel? We may have to bring along Barry as he is truly the Map Guru. We are ready to go-no notice necessary as we travel very light and the Monks carry our carry ons! lol Matthew says plan it on a Wednesday so he can miss Confirmation class.

irismarie, don't worry! We are covering all bases :]

am wearing my camouflage

I am sorry about your experience and quite surprised it happened. I have had the opposite experience so far, people are very helpful and are constantly coming to my aid. Doctors have also been very good and compassionate. Must be a Canadian thing! LOL

SSDI

Severely Stupid Dimwitted Idiots
So Sorry Don't Inquire
Some Say Deliberately Ignorant
Supremely Secure Disagreeable Individuals

Irismarie, sorry about your hospital and falling down experiences. I'm glad that you dont have to go back for a few days.

IRISMARIE...so sorry you had such abad experience in the hosp. But you're out for a few days try to relax and enjoy you dogs. And keep coming on here for a few laughs!

BarryG. I like the second one!

I just knew that one of the brilliant and geniuses would come up with something! I llike them all!

Irismarie ... that sucks, big time. I am SO sorry you had such an ordeal ... and the fall where everyone just stared at you! That sounds like something that would happen in an American hospital, not a French one!

I think we'd better all move to Canada, where all the decent human beings apparently live.

In the meantime, can you find a better place/handsome doctor to find out what's going on with your body? Something's gotta be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back