strikeout

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Brick
As if an ALS variant wasn't enough, my husband just found out he has metastatic colon cancer. Does anyone have any knowledge of someone with both ALS and cancer. We have an appointment with the oncologist on Tuesday. Was wondering if anyone knows of the risks involved with receiving chemo in his condition besides the obvious weakness it will cause. I do not want him to lose that last little bit of mobility he has. :sad:

Oh, man, I am SO sorry about your husband. What a blow, to both of you.

I can't offer any advice, but I'm sure the oncologist will want to work closely with the neuro.

This is so hard ... I just offer my sympathies to you both, and will be praying that his treatments don't affect his ALS progression.

Strikeout, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband Cancer diagnosis.
I'll thinking of both of you. Erica.

Uggh! Life is just not fair, I'm so sorry to hear that!

ohhhh Strikeout, I can not even respond, I am just overwhelmed for the two of you...just g-d awful! Sending you hugs sweet soul.

Very sorry about the cancer diagnosed! I have no knowledge of going thru chemo with ALS. Just wish you both the best luck possible with all of it!

strikeout,

I am so sorry that you guys are dealing with cancer on top of ALS. I hope you guys get answers at your appt.
Thinking of you guys.

Oh Honey! Will keep you guys in our prayers! can't even express how much this sucks!

Thank you all so much for your thoughts, hugs and prayers. His liver biopsy confirmed our worst fear. Hopefully it is early stage as he only had his colon cancer surgery in April. Seems so unfair that he has to deal with this on top of everything else.

It is unfair. It is totally unfair. I cannot tell you, how much my heart goes out to you. My mom always says, "God only gives us what we can handle so obviously he thinks very highly of us." I am sending you hugs and strength and courage. I wish you all the best.

Big big hugs,
Rosella

That is such sad news. I feel for both of you!

So sad to hear this....just does not make any sense. Stay strong.

I am so sorry. Life just isn't fair.. This is the worst. L

my heart goes out to you,..my son has als my husband just got Thur his cancer treatments but for one person to have both ... cant even think of any comfortable words to say....wishing you and hubby the best

Boy oh boy that is something that is hard to even respond to. I am so sorry for the both of you having to go through this....Maybe just maybe it wont be as bad as we fear it will be. Like the other posts said, just make sure that the oncologist and the neuro are on board together. Hang in there, just one day at a time right! My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Hugs, Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back