Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
TH
State
Bangkok
City
Bangkok
Just wanted to ask that during the early stages, where only 1 limb is affected, are fasciculation diffused or is it supposed to be on the atrophic limb only

I don't think it matters in your case as you had a clean emg and if you have ALS type fascis they are picked up by the test.

As for location, my partner's pre- diagnosis emg revealed them in all limbs, including clinically unaffected ones, as well as in his atrophied left hand/arm. A year on he still has fasciculations all over, although legs still strong.

As a side note, I was having a heated debate about something yesterday, and noticed my right arm twitching violently. It made me smile, in an ironic kind of way as there is no way that we are both going to end up wit ALS (although I have heard of one such case...)

I was having shivering and bit fasiculation in both hand even before muscle wasting only in left hand

Fasiculation and shivering is on going process for nervous issues MND is a part of it

Fasciculations don't mean a thing when it comes to ALS. They aren't even part of the criteria for diagnosis. I have had them steady on for about 18 months and I don't have ALS. Anxiety can bring them on; it doesn't have to be any great neurological disorder or disease.

Some folks on this forum that have ALS report that they've never seen or felt a fasciculation (twitch).

Since your EMG was clean, any fascics you have must be benign.

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back