Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
having this illness is a nuisance in so many ways. DOnt know about you others but one can hardly move at my house now for wheelchair, walker, sticks, bathchair. It all takes up so much ROOM

So true.

We just donated my walker to the ALS Society. They also picked up the scooter I had on loan from them.

Space the final frontier.

I agree, our hallways are just wide enough for my husbands walker and me if I turn sideways to get by! And of course he always leaves it in the hallway . . . Don't know what we'll do when the wheelchair becomes a part of our lives!

I agree, our hallways are just wide enough for my husbands walker and me if I turn sideways to get by! And of course he always leaves it in the hallway . . . Don't know what we'll do when the wheelchair becomes a part of our lives!

Most wheelchairs are no wider than a walker so it should not be a problem.

Yes , I have a narrow hallway , 1 inch on each side.

I made my doorways 36 inches wide. It made all of the difference.

I am thinking that I may put a thin chair rail up to hide the battle scars . ;)

Off-set hinges can give an extra 2" to doorways; was all we needed for a few doors.

we have taken off all the doors except the bathroom and one bedroom. no longer is furniture placed for the sake of prettiness. everything is function

After trying everything to plan to renovate my old two storey house I bit the bullet and moved to a larger one storey house with wider hallways and larger rooms. I widened doorways, put in a few small ramps to adjust for level changes and renovated one of the bathrooms to add a walk-in shower. At that point I was still walking and hadn't appreciated fully how important it is too have adequate space. I appreciate it now with room for three scooters and a walker. I too removed several doors but I never liked doors anyway.

oh john that rings a bell..........I never liked doors either. MUST be in contact with the outdoors..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back