Is vomiting/ sweating normal as one of the stages (after PEG)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoping4cure

Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Old Bridge
Hi,

Not sure if anyone could help. I am just hoping you do.

My mom, diagnosed with ALS in Feb 2008, went through PEG a month back. She recovered in 2 weeks as expected.
Since then, the status has gone down south. She has been vomiting almost everything she takes, and she is now hospitalized as she has become quite weak. Her talk has become completely gibberish within a span of a month with steady downgrade and now only gestures or writing have become the communication tools for her.

Doctors have checked every vital statistic and everything seems to be normal, except It appears Sodium, phospate levels are imbalanced. Doctor thinks these recent symptoms (vomiting, giddiness etc) are not related to ALS.

We are really concerned, and helplessness is really unbearable. Can anyone help with any more inputs or similar experiences?

I hope your mum is recovering with treatment to stabalise her bloods. I have a peg and unfortunately also suffered a severe bout of sickness and diarrhoea for three weeks. It turned out I had a gross infection at the PEG site, which was the cause of the upset in my stomach. I also had to have IV potassium, sodium chloride and glucose to get me back to some normality. I am now OK and hope your mum is to.

Please have her checked for H1N1 those where my sons symptoms and he had it.

Hoping4Cure ... no those are not normal. Your poor mother! Light a fire under her doctors for them to find the cause.

Sending prayers her way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back