Reason
Loved one DX
Country
uk
State
england
City
leicester
i spoke to my uncles wife who has been looking after him since he was dig 6mon ago and she thinks it would help my uncle if he met people with als who is at the same stage as him and around the same age i live in england in leicester so if anyone lives near to us would they send me a mess so i might know where to go to meet people with the same illness as he might not feel so alone god bless everyone:-?

Hi clare, I have taken the liberty of putting you on the map so that you can see where you are in relation to others on the forum. I see that the closest person to you (of those mapped) is Cherry in Nottingham. This is the reason why I started this map, so we could find each in physical space not just cyberspace.

Here is the map link
Hinton, AB - Google Maps

And here is the link to the map thread, anyone who wants a pin send me a message on that thread
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/stories-other/9289-keeping-track-who-where-17.html#post99924

Barry

Last edited:
Clare, contact your local MNDA branch. We are involved with our local branch, and there are monthly meetings locally. We are off next week to our branch's Christmas do.

Clare,

here are the details for MND Connect, all your uncle needs to do is ring the telephene number at the bottom, and they will put him in touch with his local branch.

The service is for:

People living with MND
Carers
Family members
Health and Social Care Professionals
MND Association staff and volunteers.

MND Connect can:

Give information about MND and how to cope with symptoms
Give medical, social, practical and financial information
Offer help and advice
Put you in touch with an Association Visitor, local Branch/Group or Regional Care Development Adviser
Advise on the services the MND Association can offer
Send you leaflets and information sheets
Put you in touch with other appropriate services
MND Connect is made up of a team of experienced staff and volunteers who work closely with our local and regional services.
Contact MND Connect on 08457 626262

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back