Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
oz
State
oz
City
RURAL
In the midst of all of the SSDI trauma yesterday I phoned MDA to ask about the $2000
allowance that they provide towards a power chair. They are no longer providing it. :(
Like everyone else they are having to cut their services so assistance will be bare bones beginning in January 2010. She said that anyone who is a member of the MDA will be receiving a letter very soon telling us what they no longer will offer as assistance.

That stinks!

Ditto that STINKS!

With all the fund raising!?!

Man, my husband will be "very upset" when I tell him this.

Sounds like we just need to fund raise for ourselves. Forget the MDA and ALSA.

I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my me my
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see
I like talking about you, you, you, you, usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about meeeeeeee (me,me,me,me-background singers)
I wanna talk about me (me,me,-background singers)
I wanna talk about me (me,me,me,me,me,me-background singers)
Oh me!
---Toby Keith

I guess I'm going to have to make my own wheel chair (should the time come when it's needed). I can pick up a good used one and put a motor on it myself. Cant I? (got a used lawnmower motor in the shed...).

Zaphoon

I was measured for my "electric chair" yesterday, and the guy said if we can get the authorization from the insurance company through this year, MDA will pay. If Blue Shield moves that fast, it will be a miracle, but I'm getting my own Flying Monkeys ready ...

So ... if you are going to need a chair, see if you can get it now! We've got three weeks. You don't have to have delivery of the chair by Dec. 31, just the authorization and paperwork.

Chop, chop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back