Diagnosis
12/2009
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
sm
Just been diagnosed with forme fruste ALS. I am 37 years old and the progression is very, very slow. It started back in 1997 in my left leg hip area, then after having my child in 05' It has spread into my left arm, shoulder and hand. Has anyone heard of this kinda of ALS?:idea:

welcome Marti, i haver never heard the term for this type of als but i have heard some do have a slow progression...i wish it was all slow progressing...or didn't exist at all.....

welcome again, i am 37 too.

Thanks Jen.....I wish it didn't exist either=( Scared and Confused!

amyotrophic lateral sclerosis with dementia, is the differance between just plain ALS and forme fruste ALS.
Dave

My understanding is that FORME FRUSTE simply means ATYPICAL. There are many types of 'atypical' ALS. You may wish to find out what makes your form 'atypical', but my guess is that it is your slow progression.

ALS with dimentia is just one such forme fruste or atypical type (piperl4 message).

Dani.. good clarification. Trust me... ALS with FTD is not typically slow progressing! Marti... good idea to get more details from your doc. Here's hoping the slow progression stays slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back