cheaper wheelchairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irismarie,

Those are excellent prices and I like the big tires on some of them for outdoor use. My guess is that these are from China. In Canada, China dominates the electric motorcycle market with very low priced machines. My only contact with them is a friend that bought an electric bike this fall and paid $500 for it. So far so good although the manual is useless and some of the parts were poor fitting. A similar bike made in North America is $2000. So far the Chinese brands of mobility scooters don't seem to be sold in Canada or the US. I would check though to be sure that parts are readily available. Not much worse than a broken scooter that can't be quickly repaired.

I noticed that my newest scooter that I bought a year ago, a Pride Go-Go, is made in China and is of lesser quality than my earlier Pride scooters which I assume were made in the US. The throttle bar gives a jerky start, the scooter does not shut off immediately when you release the throttle and the scooter sometimes shuts down unexpectedly while I'm driving with a shrill beeping sound. Pride has not been of any help trying to diagnose the problems.

After wading through the site trying to translate from Dutch I noticed the translate button. It does a good job actually although some of the translations are funny. For instance "Because the scooter apart is reasonably included in the trunk of a car" or "The Sterling, the most famous brand scooters, offers the best opportunity to independently choose a path with the Sterling Swift".

-John

Wow , those are good prices.

Personally , I would opt for the four wheeled models , as they will be more stable in your hilly environment, less prone to rollovers.

Glen

the site was a bit less than honest as they phoned me and it turns out it is their site for used or demonstration models.

I was wrong. Apparently the Dutch made it clear that they were not new ans since then they have tried hard to contct me and help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back