Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
IA
City
MIDWEST USA
My husband is having an episode of hiccuping that has lasted most of the day. He has FTD with MND/ALS. Has anyone experienced this ? Should we seek medical advice or wait it out?

:?:

Does your husband have any swallowing problems? If not, here is a home remedy that so far has always worked for my family.
Fill a glass with water and put a regular metal dinner knife in it with the handle at the top. Then, with the handle touching either the forehead or the temple, drink the water. Sounds silly, I know, but it has never failed us yet. Good luck!

A little drink of pepsi will stop the hiccups!

BOO !

OK , it never worked for me either.

I have used a spoon full of sugar to melt in your mouth work.

Glen

I have the hiccups about ten or twelve times a day! when it gets bad, I fill a glass half full with water and drink out of the opposite side of the glass..of course, now that I have PBP, it is a bit harder...but it works! You have to bend over really far to do it too!

deborah

my husband gets hiccups often eats peanut butter sounds funny but they always go away

This may sound silly and I don't know if it is possible for you to do this with the FTD- but here goes:

Seal each other's lips with mouths open. You breathe in while he breathes out. Don't ask me how my husband and I discovered this remedy...It really works!

French kissing stops hiccuping? Now why didn't I know that years ago!

Oh CJ, I am actually looking forward to Web getting Hiccups so we can try your remedy! lol

I was thinking about just SCARING them out of him! lol

This may sound silly and I don't know if it is possible for you to do this with the FTD- but here goes:

Seal each other's lips with mouths open. You breathe in while he breathes out. Don't ask me how my husband and I discovered this remedy...It really works!

"Woman cure hiccups by sucking face" , film at 11 !

;)

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back