Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
You all can relate to making a 15 hour drive to see kids and grandkids for a holiday when you don't particularly bend like you use to and cramping in a host of muscle regions is non-stop. It really puts you in a singing mood, doesn't it? Ah, yes!

We had a nice time while in Georgia but my, oh my, the trip there and back! We came back with Zeke, my daughter's cat. Poor guy had to ride in one of those "Pet Taxi's" but at least he had the privilege of being doped up on tranquilizers for the ride. I've never seen a cat so mellow! We let him out to do his business during burger breaks but the poor cat couldn't even figure out if he had any business that needed to be taken care of. He was just that "tranquil".

I've got a few pictures to post from the trip. I guess I'll name the album, "Thanksgiving with Wyatt" in my profile page.

Each time I take that trip, I vow never to do it again but I suppose I should be thankful that I can still do it. I'm recovering...

Zaphoon

Sounds like a back-breaker. Maybe next time, you can take some of Zeke's pills. But I'm sure seeing Wyatt made it worth the trip.

Better take it easy for a while! You're allowed to take the week off.

15 hours ? not possible anymore.

Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Glen

I just don't see how Wyatt could get any cuter, but then I think that each time you post pictures, and yet he does!

Glad you made it back safe.

When I moved, we doped Phoenix the cat up with heavy duty tranquilizers and he still managed to stay awake (and complain) most of the trip. Nothing says fun quite like a 4 hour trip in a mini cooper with 6 finches and a cat that insists on riding with the front half of his body wedged onto the armrest!

And no, I cannot imagine making a 15 hour drive! You're Supergrandpa! add that in with the rest of those initials.... SGPPZ :)

Rose,

It's hard for me to picture the cat in the mini-cooper with those finches for four hours. Zeke was being brought back to be given to one of my daughter's friends. My daughter in Georgia was giving up the cat as her Boston terrier and American bulldog were making life a little difficult for it. The cat had been there first but could not compete with those 2 dogs.

The cat was very tranquil during the trip. Regarding the 15 hours, it seems we can never leave when planned which makes arrival in the early a.m. hours. The drive was something like 920 miles one way. We did take a rental car on the trip; a Pontiac G6 which helped me get a minor citation for speeding on the way home. I guess I was in too big of a hurry and missed the speed trap in some podunk town in the boot heel of Missouri.

I enjoyed the comments about super grandpa and how cute Wyatt is. He is a lot of fun to watch. I held him during a shopping event at the local Wal Mart while his mom and grandma ran around shopping. My arms could barely take it but I'm going to hold him every chance I get.

SGPPZ

PZ, oh that Wyatt baby boy is just toooo darn CUTE! Seeing your Thanksgiving photos made me inspired to take the time and share some of ours :] Must admit that I am glad that we didn't have to do a 15 hour drive but then again, the prepration of the Dinner was probably more than that so I might need to rethink that! lol

Delete this please, starting a new thread.

hmmmm...set up the new album and it only uploaded one photo and now will not allow me to upload anymore...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back