Diagnosis
04/2009
Country
US
State
nj
City
teaneck
First i want to say my thoughts are with you all.I am so happy there is a forum like this, ive looked multiple times to find one and here we are :). my drop foot was due to a cavernoma malformation on the right motor strip in the brain which effects the left motor skills, 6/09 i had a crainiotomy which thankfully stopped the leaking but left my left leg weak, foot dropped unable to move toes at all. i was wondering if anyone's condition was a result of something similar. and is anyone with a drop foot able to move there toes. i thank you for taking the time to read the short version of my story. I hope u all had a blessed Thanksgiving

No, I can't move my toes. The foot drop and inability to move toes its a result of muscle loss. This is a characteristic symptom of ALS.

Foot drop can be a sign of other things and not ALS so don't panic yet.

Welcome to the forum!

thank you for your insite. i left a message on your page thanking u for these forums. as ive looked for a while for support groups. i wasnt sure if this site was for me as i didnt want to intrude on others conditions that didnt have foot drop. my foot drop came as result of leaking vessels in the brain which is called cavernoma malformation , which was leaning on the right motor strip. i had a crainiotomy 6/09 which made the drop worse, which is ok cause im here. but very stressful to not move foot toes at all when my head wants to,,,,anyway sorry so long. but thank you i was just wondering if everyone with a footdrop can not move there toes..... god bless and thank you again

thank u Joel

Thank u for your reply. not sure how to navigate around here:) so i posted here so you would know im appriecative you read my story and replied to me.. ty again , all best wishes for you and whom ever else should happen to read.

I have left foot drop and can still move my toes!

thank you for your input. ive been trying to figure out if , my drop foot has different effects than others, due to having a crainiotomy.

I have left foot drop and can still move my toes!

I've had left foot drop for nearly 20 months now and can still move the foot and toes, and even walk on the foot, albeit poorly and only with the aid of a walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back