Diagnosis
10/2009
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Peachland
Well, I have been thinking about ending it all and my hubby told me I needed to go to a counselor. I knew I did, and I wanted to. His work has a free one so we made an appt and we went yesterday.

Fat lot of good that did. She practically gave me permission to kill myself! Just told me to call her before I did it! I wanted someone to help me through this. Talk me down, help me get through the depression, the helpless feelings! Not tell me it was okay to do what I was thinking! She said because of having ALS it was okay to kill myself because that was an illness for which there was no cure! DUH! I almost got up and left!:evil:

Hubby told me after we left that he didn't think it was a good thing to go back to her. I agreed wholeheartedly! Yall here have helped me much more than that yahoo did!

Thanks for being here when I need you! AS for her....:confused:

deborah

deb you have my # call me anytime. Lori

Deb, I am going to unleash my FLYING MONKEY'S on this ignorant poor excuse for a human being! Put this image in your head-back ground music of duh ta duh ta duh da.. Duh ta ta ta duh...the night is overcast, the wind is blowing and suddenly there is this god awful howl of the FLYING MONKIES to kick her a--! Are you lol yet? Doesn't that make you feel just a teensy bit better?! Here is my suggestion, live LONG just to torture this putrid woman! We are all here for you-anytime and anywhere. We have all felt the same at one time or another. Take it a second at a time if you need too. I find that putting on MUSIC and playing it LOUD [and thinking of my monkey friends and who they should visit next] while I am cooking or baking always gives me a little boost. Right beside you and holding on tight!

When she told us she got on a motorcycle and road from Macon Ga to Albeq. NM in one day, I knew she was a NUT!
deborah

Certifiably WACKO! Monkey's can still track her down even if she is on a motorcycle!

OH she asked me if I had a gun in the house! Well yeah, I am a Southern girl! I have my own 20 ga, shotgun! But, I wouldn't ever shoot myself! Too much mess! Had two friends to do that this year....been through that, wouldn't do that.

She said okay....you have a gun...where do you keep it? I started to tell her on the rack in the back of my 4x4 truck...but I held back!

deborah

that lady is nuts! she's the one who needs a counselor, and her license revoked! you have a purpose here, here on this forum, here on earth! Our lives will end sooner than we wanted, no need to hurry it along......there is a plan, although i mostly have little clue to what that it is. :-?

Deborah ... please ask your husband to report her to his place of employment. I agree with Paleshia, she should lose her license (if not be locked up)!

Are you taking any anti-depressants? I started some when I was first diagnosed to handle emotional lability, and after a week or so, I was making plans to off myself ... bought a how-to book on the subject, doing research. The book was so silly ... it wanted me to swallow 130 pills, and I figured if I could still swallow pills, I wouldn't be trying to kill myself ... I started laughing at the stupid advice. Then I remembered these thoughts could be a side effect of certain meds.

I stopped the pills and the thoughts went away. I told the doctor, and he said, "I've heard of that happening, but I've never met anyone who experienced it," and I said, "Well, you have now." Probably a lot of people don't really talk straight to their doctors, so they may not be aware of the extent of it.

Talk to your neuro about these thoughts, and have him check out your meds. You may need some, or need a change. We need you on this forum!

Any wonder why I never trusted shrinks/counsellors? Most of them are nuttier than a fruitcake. You still have lots to live for. I don't know your personal troubles but a lot of us have been where you are now. The feelings of despair can go away. Talk to us. We're not nuts. Most of us anyway.

AL.

Beth, I just pm'd Deborah and said the same thing. I had an identical experience when I took Chantix to stop smoking cigarettes. It was just toooo weird. All I could think about all day was HOW I WAS GOING TO KILL MYSELF and that is so not me! Went off the medicine and within 48 hours I found me again. Too scary.

Al, there really are some incredible Therapists out there :] Hey, what is wrong with being a little nuts! lol After all, I am the one that is going to send the FLYING MONKEY'S out there to rip off that woman's sick head! lol snorting and need of PZ's anti snort elixer!

I'm also summoning a squad of flying monkeys from my place and one of them has directions to pour a pale of water on the witch. Another has a polaroid to document the melt-down.

Deborah, sorry you had this experience.

Zaphoon

Hi Deborah PLEASE don't take your own life.Your life is precious to God,He gave you life & when the time comes let it be his choice,My oldest brother took his own life & I will never get over it & it has been 35yrs.Please stay on this forum with us & take it one day at a time & when you are depressed take it a second at a time. One of my favorite sayings is LET GO & LET GOD. God Bless You & your husband.
Sharon

Polaroid? I want a video complete with sound effects!

hi deb, i have als n cant speak, walk or use my hands. i wanted to kill myself but a friend also with als changed my mind. my 20yr. old son went to see a doc for his depression due to my disease n my divorce, he was put on meds n he tried to commit suicide due to meds.
i told him next time lets do it together caus hes the only reason i have to live for. i know its hard but lets keep going. hang in there and report that crazy counselor.

I'm so sorry that you had that experience with that counsellor (if you can call her that). I think you're husband should report her as well. I also think we need you here on this forum. You have lots to offer.

and I really like the idea of unleashing all those flying monkeys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back