Diagnosis
09/2008
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Waterloo
My hubby Eddie went into a coma Monday morning at about 4am, his change in breathing woke me, and made me aware that something was wrong. We tried continously to wake him. Called Hospice and asked the nurse to come check him, called his immediate family. I thought he was leaving me. The morning wore on and things were looking very bad. Eddie had been refusing to wear his bi-pap for the last several weeks, he said it kept him from cuddling and being close to me. Well listen up, it almost took him from me for good, him making that decision. First thing I did after trying to awaken him was to put his bi-pap on him that was at approx 4:15am all I could do after that was watch and pray. Hospice came and took vitals and checked pain reflexes and no response. At approx 11 am we noticed some rapid eye movement, but still no response from Eddie. At about 12:10pm I went and took the bi-pap mask off him to wipe his face and head down with a cool washclothe, he opened his eyes and immediately began to tell me how much he loved me. He then over the next hour told each one of his siblings that God wanted them to see him that way so that they could get their affairs in order. He insisted on getting up at about 2pm and getting some coffee, seemed like he was confused, his thinking and speech was not what it should have been. Hospice nurse came back out and checked him again. She explained what was going on with his CO2 and the importance of wearing the bi-pap. He has been wearing it since and insists on not closing his eyes without it. Long Story Short. IF YOU HAVE A BI-PAP WEAR IT. I thank God he had one here so we could clear that nasty stuff and get him back with us.

Thank God he is ok & wearing his bipap,take care of you .God wasn't ready Eddie still has a purpose here on earth.God Bless
Sharon

Thank heavens he survived, and learned from it. Good for you for thinking to get the mask on him!

A good lesson for all of us ... learned the hard way by Eddie.

Hang in there, both of you!

Maybe we all print this out and put it in the case with the BiPAP for when certain people get.. stubborn! Shelley, hope all continues to go well now that George is wearing his again!

Oh Shelly I'm so glad to hear that you were able to help him. The BiPap is sooooo important. God bless both of you.

Sis

QUICK THINKING! I am so sorry that you had to have this experience but sooooo glad to hear that there is a positive outcome.

Thank you for sharing that. This is the kind of info we need that we may not get from our healthcare providers! Glad he's OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back