Old 03-07-2015, 07:16 AM #1 (permalink)

City: Lancaster
State: PA
Diagnosed: 12/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
tripete is a name known to alltripete is a name known to alltripete is a name known to alltripete is a name known to alltripete is a name known to alltripete is a name known to all
City: Lancaster
State: PA
Diagnosed: 12/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
tripete is a name known to alltripete is a name known to alltripete is a name known to alltripete is a name known to alltripete is a name known to alltripete is a name known to all
Default Peter Butter Pie

Here is one of my best creations, lots of calories . It started from a very simple vanilla pudding recipe my mom use to make for us when we where growing up. We where very poor and it was a good cheap desert. Over the years I modified it to create a Peanut Butter Pie that my mother in law renamed Peter Butter Pie. For those of us who can still swallow, and are caretakers, ENJOY!

Here is my Peanut Butter Pie (also known as Peter Butter Pie )

Pudding:

1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp flour
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 tbsp peanut butter

Will Also Need:

1 Gram Cracker Chocolate Pie Crust (Bought or recipe below)
6-8 Peanut Butter Cups (chopped, easier to do when peanut butter cups are cold or frozen)

Mix all pudding ingredients together over medium heat and stir constantly until thick (it will happen very quick after it starts boiling). Pour into chocolate pie crust. Immediately, while pudding is still hot put a layer of chopped peanut butter cups on top of pudding (save a small amount out to sprinkle on top). Put in refrigerator to cool. When cooled top with Whipped Cream, and sprinkle remaining pieces of peanut butter cups on top.

Chocolate Gram Cracker Crust Recipe:

2 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder

Pres into bottom of pie pan. Freeze until ready to use.
Closed Thread

Tags
caretakers, cold, immediately, recipe, swallow