Diagnosis
02/2009
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Pagosa Springs
I thought it might be nice to start a new thread and see what different SOUPS we can come up with. I am getting a little tired of mine... New RECIPES please..... L:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Soups On ?

actually one of the ladies from church that brings us dinner brought over a wonderful tortellini soup with ground beef and lots of veggies in a tomato base... couple of pulses in the blender and Glen LOVED it!

Easy Broccoli Cheese soup
In soup pot add the following
Campbell's brand:)
1 family size mushroom soup
1 small can celery soup
1 small can cream of chicken soup
1 small can cream of onion soup
With a wire whip start adding milk until you have the consistency you perfer and soup is creamy
Add 1 box of frozen chopped broccoli that you have pre cooked in the micro wave.
When soup is hot and broccoli is tender add
1 small block of velvetta cheese
This can be frozen with out loss of taste. Everyone who has tried it loves it!

Easy Stuffed Pepper soup/stew
1.5 lb ground beef browned in soup pot
Add 1/2 cup chopped onion and 1 1/2 cup chopped peppers (I dice mine)
Add 1 can petite tomatoes
Add 1/2 bottle of V-8
cook till peppers and onions are tender
Pre make a boil in the bag rice (I use success rice) add to pot
Let sit 15 minutes rice will absorb juice,
Pour in the remainder of the V-8 till you have a soup or stew consistency which ever you perfer
Re heat and eat:)

Vegi soup

I pkg of a mix, Veg. [Bear Creek] any will do. follow directions on back. I add i lb ground hamburger, cooked and drained. 2 lg potatoes cut up ,can of corn, green beans, green onions. different spices,1 beef boulion cube and another cup of water. i simmer in my croc potn all day on low after it has come to a boil.. yummie!1

When I was still able to eat soup I loved it, especially Broccoli Cheese but I have to add that if you have bulbar issues then the soup has to be absolutely smooth with no lumps or chunks of anything no matter how soft. Liquids and solids together are a no go but a good blender will fix it up. Just my two cents, great idea Linda!

Tortia Soup [jens resipe]
one package of Tortia soup mix and 6 or 7 cups of water...
I lg can of tomatoes [stewed and chopped up more]i lg can of Chicken broth,I whole cooked Chicken, I get mine all cooked and i debone it ,cut it up real good...2 chicken boulion cubes and 2 more cups water. 1 can drained black beans, i can of corn drained, 1 sm onion cut up real small[kids don't like the onion so i have to make them soooooooooooooooooo tiny..lol spices and a dash or two of cumin... Put it all in my crockpot and bring it to a boil and down to simmer and let cook all day. I have a bowl of shredded cheese, black olives,green onions, celentro cut up,avacato cut up and sour cream... Oh and some limes .serve with a basket of tostata heated chips.. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good!

you are so right. I didn't used to have to do that but just the last two weeks everything is blended up real good. Everyone else gets theirs right out of the crock pot... Thanks Berry...

Potato and cheddar Ch. soup

I potatato soup mix.... 4 lg cut up potatos, green onions,2 boulion cubes and 2 more cups of skim milk. spices to taste. do not bring to a boil. Just get real hot and then down to simmer until potatos are done. I love to put a can of drained corn in mine also. Serve with beacon chopped up real good and some shredded cheese and more green ounions and sour cream.

Linda, I posted my recipe for French Onion Soup in the thread, "What's cooking.." That would be ok as long as it was blended and minus the cheese. I am feeling hungry now. Tonight I am making Thai Shrimp Fried Rice-yuuummmmmy

oh my that sounds soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good I am very hungry at the moment. I loveeeeeeeeeee shrimp

We had to put Web's into the Vitamix and add a little chicken broth and he is savoring it right now :] The secret ingredients are the Thai Fish Sauce, Lime juice and Cilantro. If there is such a thing as reincarnation I want to return living in THAILAND! I still want my curly blonde hair though-think that will work? lolol

WAS TAKEN out to a chinese lunch today and the soup was avocado and crab. NO idea how to make it but it seemed a good mix

Have finally started getting much braver about what I'll throw in the blender, and Glen seems willing to eat it that way. So a Vitamix would seem to be one of my next purchases.

How would you describe the "categories" of soups that work best for people? "Totally smooth", A little bit of texture", "A LOT of texture", "little lumps" and "full-on lumps"? If there were to be a recipie contest held, what should the categories for entries be? ( The same for smoothies. Hot and cold? )

Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back