Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Every day for the past year I have been having a smoothie for breakfast. Now it is the only thing that I can actually "eat/drink" and because of that I have been looking for new recipes. I have a new respect for my dog who has had the same dog food for 9 years with no complaints.

I was surfing the App store on my IPod touch for free stuff and discovered an app callled shakesmoothie (just do a search) so I downloaded it and it is great. When you open it it shows categories of smoothies like vegetable, fruit, breakfast etc and then has an ingredient. You shake the IPod or press shake and the wheels spin and it comes up with a random selection and a recipe. Or you can lock it to a category and then get a random selection in that category. If you don't have an ingredient just save the recipe to favourites and call it up when you are at the grocery store.

I have tried a couple and it has really helped me get some variety in my breakfasts and I am going to do a vegetable one next.

If you have an IPhone or IPod touch, check it out. It is free and small and a lot of fun!

thanks berry,i will take a look iI got my blender out a week ago and i am now leaving it out on the counter. more recipes needed

Kewl ... I will get it.

I have been thinking how eggs & bacon & sausages will look in the blender - maybe add some ketchup for that over the top , gag me with a spoon, look.

Hell, I might as well put my coffee in there too.

This might be a photo op.

:twisted:

Glen, please post a warning before you post the pictures! I would hate to lose my non-breakfast or non-lunch :shock:

um that sounds great..... only you Glen.... no pictures please..

Baaahhaaahhaaa - definitely no warnings.

Speaking of IPODs - I got the audiobooks for ipod versions for The Dragonriders of Pern , from the darkside of the net. 9 Gig - its going to take me weeks to listen to it all.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm goooooooood I am having a smoothy for lunch. a banana,cup of strawberries, a few blueberries, ice and a scoop of vanella ice yogurt... one of my best yet... L;)

what kind did you have for breakfast Barry?
Handinhand I really like the sound of yours.

Today was a clinic day in Edmonton and we had to leave at 8am so no time for a smoothie today. Tomorrow, we'll see what happens...

Linda, sounds really good!

Glen, that must have taken forever to download 9gb or you have a way faster internet connection than me!

The wonders of bit-torrent makes it an overnight grab.
My ISP does not cap my dsl connection.

show off! Techno talk!

Ah yes, bit-torrent! I have used it a couple of times and it sure works for large downloads. Complicated but once you figure it out it works. MY dsl account gives me 60gb per month and I have never come close to reaching that but a few audio books would do it.

Now off to make a smoothie! I will post a recipe later.

now i want to know what everyone had for breakfast ? I had yogurt with blueberries and granola on the top.. umm umm good..and of course my cup of tea..Snowing again today. Another knitting day.. Geting ready for a trip to Denver. Hope we can get over the pass?/

This morning's recipe:

1/3 cup chilled strong coffee
1/2 cup milk
2 bananas

Place ingredients into blender, cover and blend until smooth.
Makes one serving

that sounds good too.... We need more folks to let us know how they make their favorite smoothies ? I am making a choc smoothie today... cup of vanella yogurt ice cream,some hot fudge sauce, a few icecubes a forth cup of milk , a banana and ummmmmmmmmmmmm gooooood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back