Reason
Other
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Click/Vote for ALS Continues and now it's for the win.

It looks like they’re allowing the existing votes to stand and just extending the votes until Friday. (as opposed to building a shortlist and having a re-vote between a few charities)

Here's the link again: http://twestivaltoronto.uservoice.com

So there’s still time for people to vote. We have a good lead, but that can change at any time. It’s important that we keep the votes coming. Here’s how you and your friends can help:

• Blog about it
• Put it on their facebook status update
• Post it on any groups they belong to – either on facebook or yahoo groups… anywhere they have online friends.
• Emails friends, coworkers and anyone else who they know.
• Vote from different computers and/or locations – if they have access to a computer at work, school etc. they can vote again.

Everyone here has made a HUGE impact. We can’t thank you enough!

We think this is a tremendous opportunity to get the word out about ALS. The event last year received coverage from several major media outlets and this year we expect to see even more of that. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need assistance.

Thanks again for your support!

Update:

Thanks guys.

I'm getting a bit nervous. In the past few hours, the Make A Wish and Rethink Breast Cancer folks have gained hundreds of votes and while we're gaining.. we're doing so at a much slower pace.

Essentially, at this rate, they'll be in the lead by morning.

If you have any suggestions or ideas - or any other groups or forums you belong to - please ask everyone you know to vote.

Thanks again - you've all done tremendous work!

Sincerely,
Laurie Pringle

Laurie,
Add the link the the patients like me website, how about ALSTDI website? forward the info the Augie's quest, they could probably get you a lot of votes. All forum members forward it to your address book's. We got to get those votes.

I'll check with patients like me.

I don't like to intrude on other organizations' websites. Some of them aren't too fond of that sort of thing - and while this isn't competing with them, they like to keep an arms length.

Thanks so much... i'll certainly see if Patients Like Me, will let me post.

Cheers!
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back