Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hello everyone, the following is an email that I received from ALSTDI and I thought that I would pass along to the forum members

Dear Barry,

The summer is in full swing and families all over the country are taking vacations. Whether you are travelling to the beach, to the mountains to hike or just lounging in a back-yard pool, know that the researchers here at ALS TDI are still hard at work for you and the entire ALS community.

I am pleased to announce that ALS TDI added a new feature to its website last month when it updated its Drug Development Pipeline. This new online interface provides updates, in real time, the status of the dozens of potential therapeutics moving through our rigorous preclinical translational research program. I invite you to take a moment to see just how much your donation supports ALS research today by clicking on the link to the pipeline below.

JULY RECAP: Last weekend, nearly 250 bicyclists participated in the Tri-State Trek, a 3-day 270 mile bike ride from Boston to New York that raises awareness and money for the lab. It was an amazing event and I was honored to ride the first day of the event with the 200 riders that left Newton, Mass. last Friday. The week before that, we were pleased to provide an in-depth research update to about 200 of you via webcast (you can watch the video by clicking here).

http://register.webcastgroup.com/event/?wid=0820716094570

In that webcast we provided detailed information on our leading therapeutic candidates. And finally, if you haven’t heard yet – the 4ALS Awareness campaign was a tremendous hit! More than 100 ALS TDI families held awareness and fundraising events on July 4th joining together with all of baseball in recognizing the 70th anniversary of Lou Gehrig’s famous “Luckiest Man on the Face of the Earth” speech. I want to thank everyone that held a BBQ For ALS Awareness event, volunteered to handout information at ballparks, represented ALS TDI during on-field events or supported the 4ALS Awareness campaign in another way. These and the countless other grassroots efforts that have taken, or will take, place this summer in support of ALS research and key to our success.

Sincerely,

Steve Perrin, Ph.D.
Chief Executive Officer & Chief Scientific Officer
ALS Therapy Development Institute

NEW Drug Development Pipeline Launched
ALS TDI operates the most robust drug development pipeline in the field – with more than 50 projects in its pipeline, including small molecules, gene therapies, biologics and cell-based constructs. Now you can learn more about the drug development process, the strategies used to develop potential therapies for ALS and stay up-to-date on where different projects are in the development process.

Click here to View the ALS TDI Drug Development Pipeline.

http://www.als.net/research/pipelin...to View the ALS TDI Drug Development Pipeline.

ALS Research 101 – Online Version – August 27th @ 6:30PM (EST)
You asked for it – ALS TDI’s popular seminar will take place for the first time ever via webcast later this month. This discussion brings together patients and researchers and is designed to answer questions, such as:

- Whose job is it to solve ALS?
- Who is ALS TDI and what is our mission?
- What is the research plan and how can I help?
- What are some current topics in ALS therapeutics and care?

Registration is required and available online by clicking below. We strongly encourage anyone that has not attended an ALS 101 seminar in the past to partake in this live broadcast hosted by Dr. Perrin and Dr. John McCarty. Make sure you sign-up and send your questions in early so that we can cover what is most important to you!

Click Here to Register for the ALS Research 101 Online Version.

http://www.als.net/als101/?utm_camp...ister for the ALS Research 101 Online Version.

5th Annual Leadership Summit Dates Announced, Registration Open
October 4th – Open House & Lab Tours @ ALS TDI

October 5th – Research Symposium @ Hotel Marlowe

This year’s event will feature three lab tours and regional ALS Ambassador Meetings on Sunday, October 4th, followed by a day-long Research Symposium on Monday, the 5th, with talks from outside researchers as well as panel discussions led by ALS TDI staff. The entire Research Symposium will be available via webcast. A final schedule will be announced soon, however early registration is encouraged. Click below for the latest information, including information on room blocks at nearby hotels.

Don’t forget to get your Leadership Award nominations in! Know someone that has been a leader in your local community? Someone that goes above and beyond to raise awareness and funding for research? Someone that is an advocate for patients today? Nominate them for a Leadership Award! Click the link below to nominate someone online today!

Click Here to Register for the Leadership Summit or Nominate Someone for a Leadership Award.

http://www.als.net/summit/?utm_camp...it or Nominate Someone for a Leadership Award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back