Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Campbell River
We are participating in our first ever Walk For ALS for the mid island in Parksville BC on June 7th. We have 14 people so far registered on the site that are walking with us (so far, more people wanting to come along). We set a goal of raising $1000.00 to start and have already surpassed it and still counting. (Thanks to my 73yr old father that walks in his retirement community everyday to help recover from his triple bypass and stroke and is determined to knock on everyones door..bless him) We are pumped to do this and know that this will become a yearly event for our family.

http://www.als.ca/events/mysite.aspx?fid=3091

Way to go Steve!

Nice site Steve and Micheline. Keep up the good work.

AL.

Awesome guys! Way to go!
One of our cousins seent this to us....we think it wraps up the whole idea of ALS Walks...its not just the dollars...as important as they are! Its all about awareness and involvement!

Quote:
"Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand."

Rick & Joan

That's a great quote, Joan & Rick !

Great job Steve and Micheline!

It certainly helps to spread awareness when you get involved with an ALS walk-
again, great job!

And take lots of pictures at the walk-I am so proud of my walk team last year and it's fun to look back at our pictures.

Wishing you all the best,
brenda

My inlaws have been awesome. With all the collecting they ended up printing our site and handed it to people who did not know what ALS is. I'm looking forward to the walk. We have our ALS support group the week prior, and will be meeting the Mid Island corrdinator(sp) Al. As well as new friends we have met on here. I'm praying for blue skies and lots of sun, but if there is a chance of rain, i'll be picking up alot of emergency poncho's. I was bugging, Steve's aunt and told her they come in sliver (baked potatoe look) LOL Neon orange (walking pyon (sp), and the clear...lol

My daughter loves taken photo's as do I so between the two of us there should be lots.

Michelene and Steve, Way to go with your fundraising! I know that you'll have a good time at your walk, it is kind of a family reunion for me as my family is from all over and we get together for the walk and a picnic after. I hope to see some of your pictures, I am going to post mine after my walk. :-D

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back