Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Buffalo
Hi Everybody,
So, I'm putting my money where my mouth is and I am in the beginning stages of putting together a fundraiser! I've planned very large events for my company, but never anything quite like this . . .so wish me luck! :grin:

I have contacted the ALSA and ALSTDI to start the process, get permission to use their names, obtain some marketing materials, etc., and here's where I thought I'd get some help from the Forums: I need a catchy, creative title for the event. It will be held winter 2010 and will be a skiing and snowboarding challenge at a local (Buffalo, NY area) ski resort. (Think of a sort-of mini Olympics with prizes for fastest times, etc.)

I'm SO excited and feel like I'm actually doing something to both raise awareness and raise money for ALS research.

Looking forward to your great ideas!
Suzann

My daughter and her family live near Buffalo and they go skiing all the time. When this event takes place, Rick and I would like to attend if we can. I think it is near them. Please let us know the time and exact place when you get this together. It's a great plan!

In case you don't know us, Rick has ALS.

Hi Marjorie,
I don't think we've ever talked on the Forums but yes, I did know about Rick and my heart breaks for both of you.

What a small world it is though that you have family who live so close by! When this really gets going, I'm sure I'm going to need some volunteers, so maybe you can plant that little seed in their minds now! :smile: I will definitely post updates regularly so you and Rick will be sure to know the where and when . . .maybe we'll end up actually meeting each other!

Suzann, that is fabulous! What a great idea ... and you're actually DOING it.

I'll start the brainstorming on titles ...

MEET THE CHALLENGE
ALS SNOW ANGELS

That emptied my brain. Maybe it will start working again later. :)

fundraising

Well done you, I dont have any bright ideas for your venture, but just to say that I opened a fundraising page on JUSTGIVING dot com
I passed on details to any one I spoke to and my adult children did the same at the companies, banks they worked for, through the intranet of the banks. We had someone do the london marathon, a sponsored swim, a charity golf day, then I contacted the private school which my sons attended, reminded them of all the years I was on the pta and raised funds for them, so they had a no uniform charity day for me. Total raised so far is approx $24,000 and more events planned. All monies raised was in the name of the mnd assoc (uk) and was sent direct to them, nothing came in with my name on. The mnd assoc uk were very helpfull in sending T shirts and assorted necessities to assist with the fundraising. Us little people CAN make a difference and I wish you all the luck in the world. We are all on the als planet wherever we live. I also found it gave me a sense of purpose by doing something positive to try to beat this thing. Keep us informed of your progress. GOOD LUCK

How wonderful, My family love snowboarding, snowmobiling, and the like, we would love to come and attend. I will put my thinking cap on for some ideas for adding to your already fabulous event. Thank you from all of the pals and cals alike, it is with people like you that a cure will be found. Bless your heart...my 30 second thought was.. GO DOWN HILL, SO ALS PATIENTS DONT HAVE TO...

To expand on Beth's idea, how about:

ALS SNOW ANGELS
Sliding towards a cure

wouldnt it be great if pals/cals and all the people on this forum could come and participate or meet one another! It would be great, lets make a plan for 2010 to all meet each other..............and raise money for ALS!

Wow what a great idea, We could actually get national Media attention for that kind of effort. Could you imagine how amazing that could be for ALS.. I love the idea...

ALS SNOW ANGELS

SLOPING FOR A CURE

I'm also just throwing stuff out of my brain tonight. Sounds like a great fundraiser, and I'd love to mark my own calendar to attend!

Hi Everybody,
So, I'm putting my money where my mouth is and I am in the beginning stages of putting together a fundraiser! I've planned very large events for my company, but never anything quite like this . . .so wish me luck! :grin:

I have contacted the ALSA and ALSTDI to start the process, get permission to use their names, obtain some marketing materials, etc., and here's where I thought I'd get some help from the Forums: I need a catchy, creative title for the event. It will be held winter 2010 and will be a skiing and snowboarding challenge at a local (Buffalo, NY area) ski resort. (Think of a sort-of mini Olympics with prizes for fastest times, etc.)

I'm SO excited and feel like I'm actually doing something to both raise awareness and raise money for ALS research.

Looking forward to your great ideas!
Suzann

That is wonderful news, and wish you the best.. I organized 2 golf tournaments and both very successful.. Thank you for doing this for ALS..

ALS SNOW ANGELS

SLOPING FOR A CURE

I'm also just throwing stuff out of my brain tonight. Sounds like a great fundraiser, and I'd love to mark my own calendar to attend!

cute, funny AND gets the message across.

i like this one!

Hey Hoping,

I like that "Going Down Hill So ALS Patients Won't Have To!"

Just some idea

ALS Winter Games
Racing for the Cure

Hi kevinokeefe from Calgary i was involved in there big walk www.bettysrun in Calgary iecery june.Every year they pick an ambassedor ,like i was ambassedor this past year,puts a face on the event.if you want i can email you some people's names that have been doing this for years,Last years walk and run in Calgary raised 525000 for research and patient care.take care and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back