12/2007
Country
US
State
CA
City
Mentone
Hello friends,

I'm hoping to get you to come join this new group and help in raising awareness of ALS/MND. WE are pals, cals, friends from various forums and sites coming together and trying something new.

Please go take a look and I hope you join us. Anyone and everyone is welcomed to join. This is just a starting point. Where it goes and how well it does is dependent on each of us helping to shape it into what it needs to be. We sure could use your help.

Please check out Advocate4ALS.org.

Every great site including ALSForums started with one person's idea.

Sharonca

Thanks Al. It's a remake of the old site with a new focus on awareness. If you had signed in on the original way back when you'll need to register again on this site. Stop by and give us a look.

My wish is that alsa, als/tdi, md/als and all the other groups would all get together as one united, powerful, helpful group.

The only problem with that is that each of those organizations has a different focus. The ALS Association focuses on advocacy such as getting the social security apps fast tracked and presumptive connection for vets. ALS TDI is focused on research to find a treatment/cure. MDA is a fund raising machine. Granted they all have a role in help raise awareness but that isn't a defined primary focus for any of them.

I would like to see the ALS Association take a more active role in raising awareness but they don't have the bodies to do the work. That's why I started this site to see if we can fill the gap in the meantime.

PDaddy and all others - please join Advocate4ALS. This is in no way a competition with other forums. We could use your ideas.

Sharonca

I agree with Jeff and Sharonca ... "ALS Matters" is an exciting concept ... a way for PALS and CALS to help boost the public's awareness of ALS. We can use everybody's help in getting the word out. There are a lot of VERY creative people on this forum, and you know who you are. :)

If anybody wants to make a difference, this is the time and the place.

Looks like it is really coming together. Like the site, keep up the good work.

Brookgolf - thanks for checking it out... Hopefully you are a new member!

Sharonca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back