Old 07-18-2007, 11:50 AM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Tiffin
State: Ohio
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
ajf is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Tiffin
State: Ohio
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
ajf is on a distinguished road
Smile I need/want everyones help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to keep posting this until every PALS who is unfairly confined to their homes because they can't afford a wheelchair accessible van, gets one. Every PALS and their family is ENTITLED to have the remainder of their precious time together as limitless as humanly possible. I'm desperately trying to start a nonprofit program that does just that around the entire country. But I can't do this alone nor do I want to. We who are deeply affected by this horrific disease are profoundly changed. Whether you are the PALS, the husband, the caregiver, the hospice volunteer, the DOCTOR, or like me, the daughter who moved home to take care of her slowly withering away father, you come out a different person. Since he has died I have racked my brain away on how I am OBLIGATED to contribute to the cause, and like a bolt of lighting it came to me. I now feel like it is my duty to at least try to do this. I keep telling myself not to be afraid and ask for help, so here I am. If anyone has anything for me please don't hold back. Whether you have experience with fundraisers, nonprofits, know of a similar program, grant writing ideas, comments, words of encouragement - whatever please contact me by PM. Let's get this grassroots movement going!

Kate
Closed Thread

Tags
accessible van, back, brain, caregiver, family, father, grant, help!, hospice, ideas, movement, van, wheelchair, wheelchair accessible van