08/2000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Leaskdale
Walk for ALS

Our big walk for Durham Region is coming up this Saturday. I have been able to round up 5 family/friend members to join my team and we will be walking as "Nerves of Steel"
I was afraid to pledge too much in case we missed our mark, I didn't get any team member confirmations until this week, but I alone already have us at 37%.

Big deal, I only pledged $2000. Taking a look at the alsont.ca website though it is easier to get a warm and fuzzy feeling because they list the top team fundraisers and $45,000 is more like what the big teams rake in:p

Awareness is key, and Heather Moore who lost her father to ALS a year or two ago has been the driving force behind this particular fundraiser -- GO HEATHER! I think all of Port Perry is now aware of this disease and the ripples are spreading in our region.

As not nice as it is to see how many people are already affected by ALS, it IS nice to get together to offer support and understanding, as well as a hot dog.:lol:

b0e951e538d5805175a751e3979e8606_3682.jpg

So the weather was not the best, so they didn't have as many turn out as maybe I expected. These things don't really matter, the organizers said the turnout was great, my team walked alongside another team that had "out loud" fun, just like I like to do, and the event rang in $40,700 and still counting.
The Hot Dogs were wonderful, live music incredible and the day will be ending well as Tom and I celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary tonite. Lobster and muscle feasting with all the garlic butter we can sop up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back