Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
el paso
if may is als awareness month, how come there isnt any mention on tv. i wish my family would get involve. they seem to not care. i forward messages n they ignore them. :sad:

to this day, i dont think i have ever seen an ALS PSA or any type of commercial other than when it was the anniversary of Lou's speech on the 4th of July. And i wouldve missed that if we werent into baseball. Even there they barely mentioned it. Ive always wondered about that myself.
Even MLB supports breast cancer more than they do ALS... seems wrong. (not being insensitive here. i know breast cancer deserves attention to, but ALS needs more.)

Good Morning, I was just in El Paso in April. I was there on training. I enjoyed it. I do not see much advertisements. Now the Military is beginning to become aware of all the Service Men who have it. My dad was in the Navy. Seems there is a connection to why the onset of ALS. He donated his body for science. Hope it helped some. We need support from the community. Hugs

too bad for us. yea my family does every breast ca walk every year. my sister died young of breast ca, my mother is going on 11 years survival, my little sister 4 yrs n my sil was just diagnosed with breast ca

There is no doubt that more national exposure is needed. It seems that all of the exposure is coordinated locally. Having said that next week is ALS advocacy day in Washington D.C. I know that many ALS chapters, PALS and CALS will be there for several days and will have access to the Capitol building and their Congressmen or women.

On a local basis I have been fortunate and honored to be the guest speaker at 3 different events in the last 2 months. Including last night at a fund raiser that raised over $175,000 for the Georgia ALS association.

Wow Ted, That is terrific. I've written to my congressman - no response. What can we do to help? Any ideas? Btw I just started the Ceftriaxone study yesterday at Emory. So fortunate to be able to be an Emory patient. I hear That Crystal and Nicole will be go to Washington DC to lobby for ALS next week. Wish I could go. Thanks for all you do. Liz

cukita- sorry for using breast cancer as an example. i see that it hits you very close to home, and im very sorry. just saying that so many other diseases that already have treatments get so much more attention than ALS.
sorry if i offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back