Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
US
State
mo
City
nixa
don't know how many cities participate in this but in mo only four on web site. did my first last last sept in springfield mo. it was a huge success, 600 walkers local als goal $80,000raised $96000. personal goal, not knowing what to expect $2500, raised $7800. very emotional (easily cry) as donations from extended family and friends from coast to coast, border to border came in. as stated in other postings i am truley blessed. hope veveryone has an opportunity to participate in some for this worthy cause.

I'm planning to participate in our local Walk to Defeat ALS in September. I have just now seen the information available to begin signing up, although I have been looking for it for a few months. I hope the rest of our family is able to participate as well. My sister was diagnosed in July of last year. I just want to do anything I can to support her and to try to defeat this horrible disease. I feel so helpless most of the time. Thanks for sharing your story. Best of luck to you and yours. :smile:

My family and I are attending the 2011 Hershey Walk To Defeat ALS on June 4, 2011. I'm excited! We want to raise money, but aren't quite sure how to do that yet. We need to also come up with a team name :smile:

FYI go to web site "walktodefeatals.org" red page should appear right side enter state click go find city closest to you click on city and cliick on to register will also give advice on how to get started recomend a personnal letter be posted on the site why you are walking or for whom

Thanks for the info pearshoot!

Just signed up with the Northern Ky chapter! I am so excited to be a part! (now I have to ask Dad if it is ok to mention I am walking in honor of him.... Sad, I'm 28 and have to ask permission!) LOL

Last year my family and I did the Walk to Defeat ALS - Milwaukee. Hoping to do it again this year. Our family team raised over $5,000.

God bless you all! I'm new to all this and wondered if anyone other than us that has it or takes care of someone that has it cared. So little is known about this disease. Thanks for getting the word out! xoxoxo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back