Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
No, not my wedding anniversary, that is in December. This anniversary marks two years since November 18, 2008 when I joined this forum. I want to thank all of my friends here for helping me get through the 730 days, some of which were good and some of which were bad. Right from the very first day I was welcomed and this forum and all of the good people here have brought me smiles, laughs and tears. Although my ALS journey has not been fun or easy, I wouldn't trade my experience on this forum for anything. It literally has been a life saver.

To all my friends, both present and to those who have left us, thank you, I love you all! :grin::grin:

Barry, I am so glad you have found a home here! You are an indispensable member. We all love you! Thank you for being here!

hi barry . . I monitored this forum for bout 2 months before becoming a member 4 months ago . . I gotta say that like many people who are frightened i read and re read posts and threads hoping to learn and maybe set my mind at ease. . Your posts of support and advice to some other poor frightened soul was among the first i read . . You always speak sense . . You comes across as caring . . Well versed in this awful disease and when you post i know that whatever the subject matter your statements will be qualified. . .there are a lot of people on this forum i have massive respect for ( rose beky al joel etc . . ) and your most certainly mnd of them . . Pretty sure i speak for a here that would say thank you right back . . God bless . . Alex

I agree 100% with Alex, if I didn't have people like Barry to answer my silly questions and to make me laugh I wouldn't be able to deal with this as well as I am. I would like to say to Barry I am sorry you have to have an anniversary like this but I am honored to be able to share it with you. You have been a huge help to me and I want to say thank you for being you.

Dana

Barry, Thanks for all you put into this forum for all of us. bless you, Rox

Barry, you really are super. Your welcome to new posters, the map on which I wish everyone would ask to be "pinned"! and all of your posts are either supportive or funny or both. And your cakes...are the best. I hope you have many good years ahead. (((Hug)))
Love you dear friend,
Ann

Barry, what do I say here, Happy Anniversary? That would seem to be sadistic...

It has been a real joy to have you as part of the forum family, Barry! I'm glad you decided to stick around! Here's to many more "Happy Anniversaries"!

Thanks everyone! Kim, you're right it is a weird anniversary but I'm celebrating 2 years of friendship not 2 years of ALS. And that day two years ago was the first time I saw your Gumby avatar when you welcomed me so thanks to you (and Gumby) for making this a special place!

Thanks, Barry! Here's celebrating 2 years of great friendship with you!

You are more than "an extremely helpful member"!

You are irreplaceable!

Last edited:
Hello Barry,
I remember talking to you when you first came on line. It is such a strange feeling to look at the join date. I can't believe I have been visiting the forum since 2006. I have made some wonderful friends through this crazy journey. Thinking of you always. I appreciate your kindness and willingness to help all those that join the forum. You are AMAZING!

Hey Barry- happy anniversary! You are one of the pillars of this forum

Hey Barry, Happy Anniversary! Glad to know you! Sad for the reason why! You were my ray of sunshine when my life had turned dark! Thanks for being there and being you! love ya ((((hugs)))))

You da' man! Love you!

What a great thing to celebrate - friendship. You are right. I feel so close to so many of my friends here. Without you, I would be lost. I look for your posts and know I will find a kind and sympathetic ear laced with reason and knowledge. Thank you. Happy Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back